Thread: Players like Vita Vea....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Relvig View Post
    What about Ty Montgomery. When I drafted him I was going to use him as my third HB. However, after the draft, he was changed to a WR, even though his NFL info says RB/WR. Now I can only position him as a WR.
    So we have to list a WR or RB as one position or another. They aren't interchangeable and it has to be the same position across all leagues. Montgomery is listed at WR because he had more snaps at WR than at HB in 2021.

As a practical matter Montgomery doesn't have great stats as a RB in 2021. You'd be just as good having a FA at that position.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    So we have to list a WR or RB as one position or another. They aren't interchangeable and it has to be the same position across all leagues. Montgomery is listed at WR because he had more snaps at WR than at HB in 2021.

As a practical matter Montgomery doesn't have great stats as a RB in 2021. You'd be just as good having a FA at that position.

The way the NFL is going, it would be great if you reflected the standard that select RB spend a lot of time as WR and WR spend time at RB.

I don't know what it would take, but eventually opening up the code to reflect this reality would be great.

Take your time.

Even the NFL is slow to make changes.

Have you seen this other football league that has technology determining if the ball made it to the first down marker?