Thread: QB rushing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    King of the World
    Blog Entries
    NFL QB rushing stats are complied when the QB has the element of surprise. The defense is defending against the pass and the QB pulls the ball down and picks his way through a broken field. Or there is a relatively rare designed QB run. In his peak rushing season, Lamar Jackson, averaged less than 12 carries per game, including scrambles on a designed passing play. NFL teams are free to direct snap to their best few rushers and run it down the throat of the defense. No modern NFL team does that because a predictable NFL offense is easier to defend. A few teams tried running the wildcat a few years ago and had some early success. It was short-lived because it became predictable and early success could not be sustained.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    NFL QB rushing stats are complied when the QB has the element of surprise. The defense is defending against the pass and the QB pulls the ball down and picks his way through a broken field. Or there is a relatively rare designed QB run. In his peak rushing season, Lamar Jackson, averaged less than 12 carries per game, including scrambles on a designed passing play. NFL teams are free to direct snap to their best few rushers and run it down the throat of the defense. No modern NFL team does that because a predictable NFL offense is easier to defend. A few teams tried running the wildcat a few years ago and had some early success. It was short-lived because it became predictable and early success could not be sustained.

You stated your case, however, you did not do so while addressing the points I made, that already speak against your statements as being useless.

I am committed to the run and in more ways then just some one way version of the wildcat that Miami was running in the hopes that Michael Vick would take the helm after he was released from prison.

Which is the reason Miami brought the wildcat in, and the reason they stopped using it, (because he did not come).

Your philosophy is wrong.

San Fransico is having success because they run the ball in ways nobody else does, those plays are just adaptations on George Halas, Chuck Knoll, Papa Bear and Mike Shanahan's playbooks to fit the personnel on the field.

You are closed minded, short sighted and wrong.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-10-2022 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    You stated your case, however, you did not do so while addressing the points I made, that already speak against your statements as being useless.

I am committed to the run and in more ways then just some one way version of the wildcat that Miami was running in the hopes that Michael Vick would take the helm after he was released from prison.

Which is the reason Miami brought the wildcat in, and the reason they stopped using it, (because he did not come).

Your philosophy is wrong.

San Fransico is having success because they run the ball in ways nobody else does, those plays are just adaptations on George Halas, Chuck Knoll, Papa Bear and Mike Shanahan's playbooks to fit the personnel on the field.

You ae closed minded, short sighted and wrong.

So much "wrong" with this post. Vick never played for Miami.

I had my doubts before but I'm sure now, you don't know wtf youre talking about, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    So much "wrong" with this post. Vick never played for Miami.

I had my doubts before but I'm sure now, you don't know wtf youre talking about, lol.

I degress. I got past the 2nd paragraph and threw my arms up. Didn't see the (because he did not come) cause I honestly give up.

But I'll stand by my 2nd sentence, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    I degress. I got past the 2nd paragraph and threw my arms up. Didn't see the (because he did not come) cause I honestly give up.

But I'll stand by my 2nd sentence, lol.
    If you are not going to read the entire post, Why do you think you should have the right to make a comment about it?

Is that not pure Hypocrisy?

You think you should be heard, However, you can not first listen?