Thread: Game Play

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quick suggestion that is probably not a quick code update.

How about, instead of a SFA, program the computer to add a random real player at that position who is not signed to a team in that league?

Basically, the equivalent of picking up a real guy from waivers, another team's practice squad, own practice squad, the carousel or the couch.

Teams are constantly bringing guys in mid-season to fill holes and give opportunities when injuries occur.

My guess is you have already considered that as a step down the road.

You have what looks like a few hundred unused available players in each league.

Or let us pick up guys from the free agent list for $1 during the season and release our own guys to injury reserve?

Probably too much to make happen right now.

I like the idea of the random guy that the computer assigns, because then I can click on that guy and look up his real stats and ratings, even if I don't yet get to pick who is assigned to my team to fill a hole.

I understand that that is exactly what a SFA is, I'm just saying that having the real name and face of a specific player might help the GM's psychology.

I also am guessing that you realize that too.

Or another idea, expand our rosters to match what the NFL has available when including the practice squad.

Just the random thoughts of an outsider.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 05-28-2022 at 01:36 AM.