Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
Right, you keep saying that while offering no supporting arguments. I'm saying I disagree while offering supporting arguments. You seem to be more caught up on how I feel about it than the actual point of the conversation. I get where you're coming from. I understand your perspective. I just disagree. We can disagree without it getting emotional. You say it needs tweaking but you don't think usage should be limited. How should it be tweaked? Should QB's be limited to 4ypc? Should they fumble every 5 carries? What exactly are you proposing? The effectiveness is not broken. If that was the case then I wouldn't have RB's with higher averages than my QB. For Detroit, Patterson is averaging 5.7ypa vs Brissett who is averaging 4.95. On my team Chuba Hubbard is averaging 11ypc (albeit on only 16att) and Caleb Huntley is avg 6.76ypc vs Allen avg 6.95ypc. I think at some point we have to take scheme and personnel into account don't we?
I know you're not mad at me man. I'm not mad at you either for bringing it up. Like I said it's worth having a conversation about, I just disagree with your conclusion. Sometimes I use the word mad as an expression and not necessarily to mean angry or pissed. You've been one of my day 1's so trust me I'm not trippin over this at all. I'm just defending my stance. If you can come up with a valid argument to counter mine then I'm happy to hear it out. I can talk football all day everyday, just ask my wife lol.
Maybe the issue isn't the QB running maybe its the lack of options to defend against it. Like you said in a previous post you have to be in 5wr set to run with QB which will force most teams into dime packages but on the flip side if a team were to switch out of dime packages you would get passed all over, in your case you're already doing both, but that's not the norm. So it's more or less impossible to stop both my suggestion would be to add the QB to the handoff% like the HB1, HB2, HB3, FB. That still doesn't fix the other issue though and I don't have a good fix for the other issue. Maybe be able to set % of defence packages against offensive packages wouldn't be a guaranteed fix but then we could set 50% dime 50% run defense and it should atleast match up appropriately sometimes. I don't have a full proof fix though