Thread: The Active League is now open for signups.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I feel if we are really in this for the long term (and we are essentially replaying 2022 RL).....and everyone is participating (whether it is just setting a draft board or paying attention to details)...then each round of the draft would take (I would hope) 12 hours if we allowed 30 minutes to choose (15 minutes would be my preference...6 hours per round). This could be adjusted (60 minutes first two rounds, next ten rounds 30 minutes, next rounds 15 minutes until completed).

What I experienced with the "shotgun" approach is some teams were given total starting lineups while others were given retired players or players that played in very few games. Obviously, this changes strategy while building your team and gives a leg up on the competition. It was easy in the first off season to correct during FA with the small number of coaches participating. That would not be the case in a league where everyone is participating.

Maybe the first 25 rounds are given more time and then the last half are driven from draft lists? I am just throwing out ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    I feel if we are really in this for the long term (and we are essentially replaying 2022 RL).....and everyone is participating (whether it is just setting a draft board or paying attention to details)...then each round of the draft would take (I would hope) 12 hours if we allowed 30 minutes to choose (15 minutes would be my preference...6 hours per round). This could be adjusted (60 minutes first two rounds, next ten rounds 30 minutes, next rounds 15 minutes until completed).

What I experienced with the "shotgun" approach is some teams were given total starting lineups while others were given retired players or players that played in very few games. Obviously, this changes strategy while building your team and gives a leg up on the competition. It was easy in the first off season to correct during FA with the small number of coaches participating. That would not be the case in a league where everyone is participating.

Maybe the first 25 rounds are given more time and then the last half are driven from draft lists? I am just throwing out ideas.
    I believe CDCOX has said hard to get coding right in terms of time limits for pick. Having active members will help make draft go by faster because they won't be taking the usual hour for pick. So your issue will be taken care of because of it. Like being in active league means making pick in reasonable amount of time etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post

This is the problem i had with the team i started, literally only had like 5 players given to me that actually played. When free agency happened i dropped every single player given to me and signed new ones.