Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A new league's draft - just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    Dolphins1 Draft Results are now completed with PFF and Madden overall ratings. Here is the link again if anyone is curious:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Or does anyone find it fascinating that the rating for Quinton Nelson is so low with PFF and yet so high with Madden?

I have been wondering what that was all about since the first day I read through this chart. I just didn't want to wake up any of the other GM's I was drafting against, especially when you guys gave a very vague answer about there not being a Magic Key the first time I brought it up.

I am just really interested in what the other guys think about PFF and Madden having such huge gaps in their ratings for some of the NFL best players.

Anybody care to talk about it?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Or does anyone find it fascinating that the rating for Quinton Nelson is so low with PFF and yet so high with Madden?

I have been wondering what that was all about since the first day I read through this chart. I just didn't want to wake up any of the other GM's I was drafting against, especially when you guys gave a very vague answer about there not being a Magic Key the first time I brought it up.

I am just really interested in what the other guys think about PFF and Madden having such huge gaps in their ratings for some of the NFL best players.

Anybody care to talk about it?

I have no idea how Madden comes up with their ratings. I know that PFF has people who watch game video and subjectively decide whether a player completed his assignment well. That might mean saying that a cornerback had good coverage on a play where he wasn't thrown at, so there's going to be some subjectivity there. I wonder if Madden does that, or if they're basing ratings off of stats (not that a player like Quentin Nelson has a lot of stats from the NFL).

I think the bottom line is that there's probably a lot of subjectivity in ratings, and one's system might lead to differences compared to someone else's system. Still, though, you'd think that there'd be reasonably high consistency. I guess that's why they play the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I have no idea how Madden comes up with their ratings. I know that PFF has people who watch game video and subjectively decide whether a player completed his assignment well. That might mean saying that a cornerback had good coverage on a play where he wasn't thrown at, so there's going to be some subjectivity there. I wonder if Madden does that, or if they're basing ratings off of stats (not that a player like Quentin Nelson has a lot of stats from the NFL).

I think the bottom line is that there's probably a lot of subjectivity in ratings, and one's system might lead to differences compared to someone else's system. Still, though, you'd think that there'd be reasonably high consistency. I guess that's why they play the games.

I'd be curious to know what you think about Pat Mahomes?

He has a rather low grade of PFF?

Also, have they, (PFF) ever given a public explanation as to why they rate Pat so low?

I guess I can look that up on my own.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    I'd be curious to know what you think about Pat Mahomes?

He has a rather low grade of PFF?

Also, have they, (PFF) ever given a public explanation as to why they rate Pat so low?

I guess I can look that up on my own.
    I've heard a lot of questions (both on Sandbox and in other venues) about why Patrick Mahomes isn't rated higher by PFF. I have no idea, but one possible theory is that he's willing to take risks more than most other quarterbacks. I wonder if that might lead to more judgments that he wasn't successful on a particular play? That's the only thing I can think of.