Kai...I think that is the "starting lineup" which allows you to put the "depth chart" for your simulation week. That will work, when its available, but I was looking for something that did not affect gameplay, just allowed movement between #1 and to whatever depth you had for that position so you can quickly determine who your best player is at that position. It could be done as easily as adding another filter line to the "Manage Roster" area if we are allowed to assign players to depth positions. For example, if I had Nick Chubb and Rashaad Penny as my halfbacks and I believe Chubb to be my #1 and Penny to be my #2, if I can assign HB1 to Chubb and HB2 to Penny, I could sort my HB's to show depth from my roster. Now when I look at halfbacks in free agency or for a trade, I can more easily predict where I think a free agent or other team's player would fit on my depth chart and thus determine his value to my team. Its just a tool, but one I would find valuable.

I agree smackawits...opening up the lineups during the offseason would be a quick workaround.