Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long is Free Agency - Dang!~ Whats next?

How long is Free Agency - Dang!~ Whats next?

Like... how long before we progress to whatever is next?

A message I received when I asked the same thing:

cdcox - 01-30-2022, 06:39 PM
    When does initial free agency end? About a week before simulations begin.

How much time will we have to prepare lineups before the first game? Probably around 4 days to a week.

When will the first game be? This is a little uncertain. I am processing the data for the simulations now. It is time consuming. I am hoping it will be within two weeks after the Super Bowl.

Are they played on the same day every week? Yes, up until now, we have been simulating two games a week. But since the next big event is the NFL draft, we may take it slower. Games will be simulated the same day or days each week.

What is the timing for the rookie draft? Probably around July.

What is the timing of the free agency after the draft. It will start around week 2 of the NFL season and last the entire season with players from 2 NFL teams hitting the market each week.

Hope this helps.

It still isn't really great for timing things out and what's with only 2 NFL teams hitting FA each week?????.....how are you to plan your free agent attack if you have to wait 16 weeks until all the free agents are known?

release ALL the free agents at one time!

Be nice to work on my lineup now to make sure ive got all positions covered before FA ends

I agree...I want to start on mine also

The future free agents will still be visible before their week to be available just can't sign them until they are available.

Also as far as depth charts and stuff like that goes, obviously it would be nice to have those things available on here now but I have all of mine written out on notebook paper, so I can look at that for reference when looking for free agents and when deciding who I want to cut.

"About a week before simulations begin."

okay... when does simulation begin?

he stated about two weeks after the Super Bowl