Thread: Free Agency Question

Free Agency Question

My league just finished the initial draft and is in initial free agency auction. When this is over, is there a free agency period for players on rosters in the final year of their contracts? And if so, how can I determine which players will be available to bid on? It looks like owners who have not signed their players from the initial draft have a -1 for their contract year and the players on my roster I signed to $0 contracts have a 1 for their contract year. I was under the impression that players I signed for $0 were eligible for other owners to make offers to (which I could then match if so desired and I have the $$). If this is the case, are players I win in free agency with a low bid that does not reach the 2 year contract length, then also available for other owners to bid on since they would only have a 1 year contract like the players on my roster I only signed to a $0 contract. Sorry if that is confusing.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    The players available in free agency are mostly included listed on the free agency page. Players currently on other rosters in your league will not be added to the free agency pool unless the other team owner cuts them.

The process you describe, bidding on free agents with zero year contracts and the opportunity for the current owner to match, will not take place until year 2 of your Sandbox league.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

cd cox: Forgive me, I am new......what would be the situation if a new owner abandons his team before they set salaries. Is everyone on his team signed to one year contracts or do they all become FA's?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    We have an algorithm that signs players to reasonable contracts.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations