Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Timing Solutions

Draft Timing Solutions

It's obvious these drafts take forever, and I understand why. It would be very hard to get 24 strangers together all at the same time to have the draft all at once.
    Would it be possible for the auto-draft function to stay on for teams that took the full hour to draft on the previous pick, until they manually turn it off themselves? because there are teams that haven't even opened the draft it seems like and we're just wasting an hour on them every time their pick comes up. Just a thought

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    We've pondered different actions, but we think it's better to make sure that the active people have more time to plan. It's the challenge of accommodating people with a variety of preferences.

Kevin...one thing that is bugging me is that as I am scouting before my pick, your site keeps booting me off and I have to sign in a multitude of times...any way to fix this so the booting takes place at a later time?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Smackawits -- when you say the site is logging you off, do you mean you have to put in your name and password again? You can solve that part by clicking the "remember me" box when you log in.

If you mean that it just doesn't remember things you have previously entered, but does not require you to log in, we agree that is an issue, but we have not been able to solve it. The best solution is to refresh the page every few minutes and check to make sure what you entered got saved. I know this is a giant pain, but I have not been able to figure out the problem even after many hours of working on it.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    Smackawits -- when you say the site is logging you off, do you mean you have to put in your name and password again? You can solve that part by clicking the "remember me" box when you log in.

If you mean that it just doesn't remember things you have previously entered, but does not require you to log in, we agree that is an issue, but we have not been able to solve it. The best solution is to refresh the page every few minutes and check to make sure what you entered got saved. I know this is a giant pain, but I have not been able to figure out the problem even after many hours of working on it.
    I started making a text copy of my draft board which I can check each time I get close to drafting.

An example of what I'm talking about is happening right now in my draft. This team has back to back picks. The full hour went by and a player was auto picked. We are now waiting another full hour just for someone to be auto picked again. Im saying that that team should be kept on auto pick until the manager of that team manually turns auto pick off. We could save 2 whole hours in this situation and many more hours and complete the draft in a faster more efficient manner.

1/2 way there Kai....I agree with your assessment above..... but I guess we have to realize that others may have to work (I am retired) and can't get to the page...even despite their best intentions.

besides...it gives you (me) more time to research.

I would agree that it's a slow process, but I kinda expected that going into it. I think it would be nice if it went a little faster, but I personally wouldn't want to miss a pick or be rushed if I was busy at the moment. I was at a conference this weekend and found the pace worked well since I wasn't able to constantly check the site. But now that I have more time it is a bit frustrating having to wait so long between picks. Anyways, at least this only happens once with the Initial draft. The rookie draft should be much fast since it's only seven rounds.

I had the exact same frustrations in my initial veterans draft, as we had many teams which were abandoned by the time the draft kicked off, so it took forever.

I think a good middle ground is the following: if a manager does not sign on to make their pick and the system auto drafts for them, the next time it is their pick the time to make a draft selection before the computer autodrafts for them is set to 15 minutes, unless the manager signs on and unchecks the autodraft button in the meantime. Decreasing this drafting time for abandoned and autodrafting teams from 1 hour to 15 minutes would significantly decrease the amount of time spent by the other managers sitting around doing nothing waiting hour after hour for the computer to make picks, while still allowing time so the draft doesn't go so fast that it's inconvenient for anyone.