Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Timing Solutions

I find it amazing that people will abandon the team before they even start.......

Id be happy with a tag letting me know whos on auodraft and whos going to take the full hour. Then at least i got an idea of what time i need to check on it.

Just throwing this out there, but what if for every round a team went to auto-pick (abandoned teams, not folks who had pre-determined whom they're interested in), it'd knock 10 minutes off the team's allotted time. So, by round 6, all the "Ghost Teams" would just get immediately auto-picked, and folks who were actually engaged would still have the full 60 minutes.
    I have no idea how involved that would be in coding for the engine, could be very involved.

good idea Tannhauser

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. We're always open to improvements, so we'll talk about these things. (And I have no idea what the coding implications are either).

No hate to you guys for putting this all together, but the fact that my brand new league is still drafting a week later is nuts. it seems like there's like 4 active players including me. I'm really excited to get everything started but this aspect is super frustrating and could be a turn off to new people before they even get going.

almost there Kumkilla...almost there!

Haha just one more to go! Guess we’ll get it in the morning lol

one minute till done.....59....58....57

I actually really like the length of the draft. NFL teams take an entire year in the scouting process gathering information. We’re trying to fit that into like 1 week. That gives me about 24 hours between picks to scout my next 24 players. I’m gathering as much information as I can. I’m looking at stats on PFF, looking for articles written about the player to see if there’s been any arrests or anything like that, plus I watch film. Your taking the same exact risk as the team who actually drafted him. I don’t want to complete the draft in a day or 2. I want to take my time with it, evaluate my roster after every pick and make a decision with a ton of information gathered. There’s absolutely no rush, especially when you realize that this season will end in about 1-2 months and it goes dead for another 6 months until the new season starts