Thread: Player Availability has been updated for 2021.

King of the World
    Blog Entries

Player Availability has been updated for 2021.

The Player Availability table has been updated for the 2021 Season. The Sandbox season consists of 16 regular season games plus 4 playoff games. The availability of each player is each week is shown in the table (1 = available 0 = not available).

Player availability for regular season games is based on the corresponding bye-adjusted week in the NFL (the first 16 games of each NFL team). Players who played during the either of the last two weeks of the NFL season are considered as available for the Sandbox Playoffs. The availability of players during the Sandbox playoffs who did not play during either of the last two weeks of the NFL season are based on a random probabilistic model for return of injured players.

Those leagues in free agency can check the availability of their players and determine if they need to make additional pickups of depth players to cover injuries.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Thanks, but it isn't very accurate. I have two players that were out if not the whole season, got hurt the 1st game. It's showing them as available almost the whole season minus 1 or 2 games. js

what are some of those players names?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phog View Post
    Thanks, but it isn't very accurate. I have two players that were out if not the whole season, got hurt the 1st game. It's showing them as available almost the whole season minus 1 or 2 games. js
    Thanks for this comment, Phog. I fixed the error that was incorrectly displaying the availability of players who missed the entire season.

Everyone should check their Player Availability again.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Ok, thanks.... smackawits, for me it was Marcus Peters and Carl Lawson. I haven't checked any further, but it seems there was one other. Edit: Oh yeah, and Deshaun Watson, of course. :-/
    Last edited by Phog; 01-19-2022 at 03:20 AM.

phog....using nfl football reference website, you can check every player's gamelogs, which will tell you which games he was inactive for. Remember, sometimes they are available but the coach just doesn't play him.

smackawits, I'm aware of that....was just bringing it to the mods attention...the player availability page was showing all those players as available when I knew they weren't. It seems to be good now.