Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free agency in Cards 1

Free agency in Cards 1

We are at a point where we can sign rookies and resign players and the salary is still wrong teams have more money than they should

This needs to be fixed. Really a deal breaker. It has worked in every other league.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeynardie View Post
    This needs to be fixed. Really a deal breaker. It has worked in every other league.

It may not be a logical request.

IDK what it would take other than then going through each roster individually and attempting to calculate what each player would have cost on each team based on the years of their contracts.

53 players on 24 teams.

Even then it would still be a little off based on actual FA contract bidding wars from the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    It may not be a logical request.

IDK what it would take other than then going through each roster individually and attempting to calculate what each player would have cost on each team based on the years of their contracts.

53 players on 24 teams.

Even then it would still be a little off based on actual FA contract bidding wars from the first year.
    If it can’t be fixed then those of us building for the future by holding on to money got screwed.

If it can’t be fixed then those of us building for the future by holding on to money got screwed.
    Idk how screwed anyone is either way. If you saved money you should still have more money than those of us who didn't save. It really should be an easy fix, though. It just requires him to actually fix it. If everyone was adjusted the same way, then we may be able to figure it out through my team. I don't remember exactly what I had left over, but, I don't think I did any FA bidding and I wasn't a part of the rookie draft at all. I'll do some quick contract math and deduct it from our initial salary cap and let you guys know what I find.
    Last edited by Kingswood; 01-31-2024 at 10:09 PM.

I just ran some calculations, and I should've had $33 left over, which sounds about right. $33/2=$16.50+$450=$466.50. $792-$466.50=$325.50. I can't remember if we round up or down (I think it's up), which would mean I received an extra $325. If Cox subtracts $325 from everyone's cap, then we should be solid.

In case you're wondering, I also didn't trade away any players. I only traded for Mack, whose contract I left out of the calculations since Pit paid for it. I also calculated all 1 year signings at $0 since I didn't have any FA signings. If my math isn't mathing then let me know but I think this should be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    I just ran some calculations, and I should've had $33 left over, which sounds about right. $33/2=$16.50+$450=$466.50. $792-$466.50=$325.50. I can't remember if we round up or down (I think it's up), which would mean I received an extra $325. If Cox subtracts $325 from everyone's cap, then we should be solid.

In case you're wondering, I also didn't trade away any players. I only traded for Mack, whose contract I left out of the calculations since Pit paid for it. I also calculated all 1 year signings at $0 since I didn't have any FA signings. If my math isn't mathing then let me know but I think this should be accurate.
    That doesn’t work. I had 553, so i should have 726 (276 + 450). I have 857. So more, but … the way we would be screwed is those people with almost nothing should have around 450, a difference of about 275. Instead everyone is around 100 apart. So if you signed longer term deals you have vastly more than you should for free agency. There is a significant advantage to having spent your money last year, which we all would have done if we had known.

That doesn’t work. I had 553, so i should have 726 (276 + 450). I have 857. So more, but … the way we would be screwed is those people with almost nothing should have around 450, a difference of about 275. Instead everyone is around 100 apart. So if you signed longer term deals you have vastly more than you should for free agency. There is a significant advantage to having spent your money last year, which we all would have done if we had known.
    Yeah, you're right. If we didn't all get the same amount then it's definitely an issue.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, guys. This is one of my busiest weeks of the year at the real job. I will try to fix on Sat or Sunday. It may entail rolling the game back to just after the rookie draft. Hang tight.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    Sorry, guys. This is one of my busiest weeks of the year at the real job. I will try to fix on Sat or Sunday. It may entail rolling the game back to just after the rookie draft. Hang tight.
    Thanks CD, we appreciate the update.