Thread: Right Tackles

Right Tackles

I see from the Salary Points Required for Signing Veterans table in the guide that a left tackle is considered tier 2, but right tackles are not listed in this table. What tier are right tackles considered?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Tier 4. Will fix later tonight.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

CD,

One other issue that I've been meaning to mention along the same lines - what about 'generic' players? A guy listed as 'OL' or 'LB' or "T" or "DB"?

It's just tough to know how many years you're signing a guy like that for. They could fall in a ton of different tiers depending on how they ultimately end up classified. Hell, even LS ended up odd (a tier 3?).

Thankya sir.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, DJ. Over the years, we have tended to use more generalized position descriptions (LB instead of ILB). I probably need to update all of the tiers. LS should be tier 5. I will look at this when I do the league roster update over the next couple of weeks.

Also along the same line, I have 2 OLB's classified as DE4, and 2 DE4 as OLB's. Makes it confusing when planning what I need for contracts and FA. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phog View Post
    Also along the same line, I have 2 OLB's classified as DE4, and 2 DE4 as OLB's. Makes it confusing when planning what I need for contracts and FA. Thanks.
    Yeah, CD uses a subscription service for that and rather than have to manually change a million different people upon complaint by respective owners, the rule is 'they are what the service says they are...'

Pretty understandable stance, really. I had the legit wrong player once when I was given David Long Jr the cornerback after drafting David Long Jr the linebacker (confirmed the draft position when I took him) and that got fixed.

But if your DE3 played DT during the season or your OL played T, you're probably just **** outta luck.

Yeah as of noy they have made Chris Jones a DE4 for one of my teams. Hes played DT since they signed another end. Not sure which way it will go with hm next season now

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    The positions listed now are the positions from the first game of the NFL season. If my memory is correct, they will be updated at the end of the NFL season (will probably do the update over the weekend). In addition, you have the ability to play players out of position (e.g., playing a player listed at DE3 at DE4). The player’s ability is discounted to account for being out of position. Obviously, the discount is a guess.

I’ve asked in the past to have certain players changed if it’s significant, usually when I’m in re-signing players. I got Darious Leonard switched to LB from OLB which saved me a good sum of money. In free agency, I think it’s worth asking the question for players who will demand large contracts. It’s a lot to ask if you signing guys to 1 year contracts. If it’s a significant change, CDcox will usually help if you ask. Usually, it’ll be just a handful of players. Just ask before you sign a LB to a tier 2 contract