Thread: game Planning for games

game Planning for games

In Offensive game plan were it said 3rd down back. I like to use my FB for that play at that time. But when I go to as sign it to my FB it will not let me do that . Is there a reason I can't do that.

My assumption is that the FB cannot start as the 3rd down back while in the lineup as FB because in base and short yardage formations on 3rd down you'll have both the FB and the RB on the field.

That is true but the FB can run the ball or is he just use as a blocker in the game. Back in the 70 both running backs would run the ball and that is what I like to do. So I think that should be part of the game.

Both RB's and FB's can run the ball. Theoretically you could have 6 different backs touch the ball every game. You'll have your starter, 2nd, and 3rd string of course, then your FB, and then you can also assign your 3rd down back and your short yardage back to RB's who aren't in your lineup. All you need to do to get touches out of your FB is to adjust the percentage of his carries and get him on the field in base and short yardage formations. When you adjust his carry% just remember that it only applies when he's on the field. If you set your FB to carry the ball 20% of the time but you're only in base 20% of the time then your FB will only have a 20% chance of getting the ball on just 20% of the plays. For example, let's say a typical game has 50 plays. If you're in base formation for 20% of those plays then you'll only have your FB on the field for 10 plays. If your FB is set to 20% of carries then he may only get 2 carries. Then of course you have to consider situational percentages like down and distance, hurry up, and clock burning. I recommend playing around with your lineups and gameplans in the challenges. You get 3 a day to experiment with and if you use them wisely then you can learn a lot about how the game works and how your team performs under different circumstances. Anyways I hope this helped a little.