Thread: The Koalas are fighting the injury bug. (Cardinals01 league).

Administrator
    Blog Entries

The Koalas are fighting the injury bug. (Cardinals01 league).

We lost our starting QB for several weeks (Prescott), and then as soon as he got back, we lost Breece Hall for the season, and then for the past couple of weeks have had every HB on the roster out with injury. Mecole Hardman stepped up last week with a big game at WR and then was lost for the season. I need to start watching for injuries more in the drafts and free agency.

Yeah i will be down to 1 CB healthy on a team at some point this season lol

I've had to play so many different CBs this season with Ward missing multiple games, Lattimore missing a lot if games, Levi Wallace missed a couple games. Some how my pass defense is still holding up at the top of the league allowing one of the lowest QBRs and T-2nd in ints

You think this year is bad wait to you see what next year will be like. That is why I think we need to come up with a IR list for the game. We sign them to a contact and the next thing we know they are on the IR list and we can't use them but if we want to keep him or them we need to keep them on are team and they can't help us. and if we cut them we lose all of there contact that we sign them to so we need to come up with a way to work this into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pit1232 View Post
    You think this year is bad wait to you see what next year will be like. That is why I think we need to come up with a IR list for the game. We sign them to a contact and the next thing we know they are on the IR list and we can't use them but if we want to keep him or them we need to keep them on are team and they can't help us. and if we cut them we lose all of there contact that we sign them to so we need to come up with a way to work this into the game.

100% agree. Pit

This is supposed to mirror the NFL; however, the NFL rosters have way more players once you factor in the practice squad.

Multiple players go on and off the active roster from the practice squad every week.

Many of those guys are quality players that have an impact on the games, especially lineman, TE's RB's and DB's.

Not to mention the dozens of veteran players that get waived and picked up to fill gaping holes midseason.

Just makes more sense to me to add 10 players to the active roster.

But Cox can't or won't make these kinds of changes, for the same reasons he always states.

Bottom line is, the guy is maxed out on his abilities, and doesn't know how to effectively handle the required growth this app needs, in a time frame most people can appreciate.

My recommendation is to just enjoy the game as is, because, if we keep pushing this guy with minimal results, frustration is going to boil over in someone again.

Many of the other men who have tried to push some of the same topics you have been bringing up, have left the game already.

It's not like Cox doesn't see the requests, he just can't handle what is needed, as quickly as it is needed.

Besides, he has game alterations in the works already, that are coming soon.

Some of the things you are bringing up are probably in those coming plans anyway.

I will probably get a bunch of hate responses for saying all this.

I just don't want you to think nobody is listening to you.

Cox hears us all; he just has his reasons for not changing things yet, regardless of how much those changes will improve gamer retention and moral.

After all, he basically thinks that everyone who leaves the game leaves because they can't appreciate the way the game is more cerebral than a typical video game or fantasy league.

I don't think he realizes that cerebral people won't put up with glaring issues for long.

It screws with their intelligence and sensibilities at a higher degree than it does the average Joe.

Anyway bro, hit me up anytime.

And for all you other guys with some vomit you want to send my way, have at it, I'm all ears, eyes and fingers.
    (Most of you jerks won't read this whole thing, nor will you take the time to think before you spew your pent-up anger on the wrong guy).
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 12-12-2023 at 11:25 AM.

WTH happened to you Berrto? All this on point spew from you is refreshing, lol.
    Took you a bit but it seems like you got this figured out. Its all about code. Cocks just doesnt have the time.

Im Switzerland with this Sim but an IR, half time adjustments (like we talked about in beta) would sure be nice.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I like the injury strategy myself. Do you get a guy who'll last the whole season even if he may not be as strong, or do you go for a stronger talent who's going to miss half a dozen games? It's a fun game to play with drafting and signing depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I like the injury strategy myself. Do you get a guy who'll last the whole season even if he may not be as strong, or do you go for a stronger talent who's going to miss half a dozen games? It's a fun game to play with drafting and signing depth.

If I have a stud that gets IRed for the year say now or even 3-5 weeks earlier and hes on his last year or 1 year contract left, I'll drop him and worry about resigning later.
    Its like hows a person react to Tre'Davius White being a free agent. Id sign him just to stash on IR, lol.

A person has to really pay attention altho FREE AGENTS fill ins always seem to steal the show, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    WTH happened to you Berrto? All this on point spew from you is refreshing, lol.
    Took you a bit but it seems like you got this figured out. Its all about code. Cocks just doesnt have the time.

Im Switzerland with this Sim but an IR, half time adjustments (like we talked about in beta) would sure be nice.

Writers think the success of a production lays in the writing.
    Actors think the success lays in the acting.
    Producers think they are the key.
    Directors think it is all their great work.

The coder thinks this sites problems come down to code.

I have already tried to help him see otherwise.

We have failed to communicate, which is how he wants it.

There is no longer any point in trying to push a boulder that is frozen to the ground.

Best to wait untill the spring.

So Rainman.... Youre the public relation for this Sim.

What can we expect or not?

It bugs me seeing the OG teams in Raiders & Chiefs being bots. Is this just an continuous cycle? Idk.