Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QB rushing

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    I have a running QB and I don't even know how to schedule him to run (except to put everyone else at 0)
    Go to 5 wr set and set passing to anything less than 100% the QB will run the ball for the not passing plays

Quote Originally Posted by Cmcm2297 View Post
    Actually stated 2 times my complaint wasn't about the coaches use of the running QB so you must have missed it both times
    I didn't necessarily mean to direct it towards you. I merely replied to your original comment because Ummberrto is a child and isn't worth acknowledging. I'd prefer to have an adult conversation about this. If you weren't "mad" about it then you wouldn't have mentioned it at all. I wasn't trying to say that you're mad at the coaches, more that you're mad that it's even possible. My post wasn't intended to be aggressive or even passive aggressive so I'm not sure why you're reacting like you're being attacked. If anything, me and my gameplan are being attacked.

The passing stats are not irrelevant at all. You're attacking my QB's performance so you should include his entire performance. Don't take things out of context. There's a big difference between using a dual-threat QB as just that and rushing the ball with your QB 40x a game, like Ummberrrto did when he first started. In this context, it shows that defenses haven't slowed down my offense no matter if I'm throwing or running. Sounds like less of an issue with my QB runs and more of an issue with their defense. Having a RB top 10 in rushing yards also supports that argument. As I mentioned before, QB runs are stoppable and have been stopped before, numerous times. Again, I'm not gonna tel you how to do it. Maybe if half the teams in the league didn't draft for the '23 season then things would be different.

I don't see any more of an issue with QB running than I do with anything else in this sim and I posted both NFL stats and SB examples to support my statement. If you want to take it even further you can look at college as well. In 2017 Arizona QB Khalil Tate logged 153c in a season. Tim Tebow had 210c in 2007, 176c in 2008, and 217c in 2009. Explain to me how my rushing has been any different. You're counter argument is 'I'm crazy'. Not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with that. I'm not going to have a mobile QB and stand in the pocket all game. I'm also not going to sit back while you try to get extra limitations put on my players because you don't know how to stop it. My QB numbers, while not the norm, are not implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    I have a running QB and I don't even know how to schedule him to run (except to put everyone else at 0)
    You can't set your HB1 to 0%. Setting the other HB's to 0% will just put the HB1 to 100%. The only way to do designed QB runs is to set your 5wr sets less than 100% passing. Again, all QB runs are out of 5wr set which means you're typically facing a much lighter box as well since nearly every person uses Dime against 4wr and 5wr sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    I didn't necessarily mean to direct it towards you. I merely replied to your original comment because Ummberrto is a child and isn't worth acknowledging. I'd prefer to have an adult conversation about this. If you weren't "mad" about it then you wouldn't have mentioned it at all. I wasn't trying to say that you're mad at the coaches, more that you're mad that it's even possible. My post wasn't intended to be aggressive or even passive aggressive so I'm not sure why you're reacting like you're being attacked. If anything, me and my gameplan are being attacked.

The passing stats are not irrelevant at all. You're attacking my QB's performance so you should include his entire performance. Don't take things out of context. There's a big difference between using a dual-threat QB as just that and rushing the ball with your QB 40x a game, like Ummberrrto did when he first started. In this context, it shows that defenses haven't slowed down my offense no matter if I'm throwing or running. Sounds like less of an issue with my QB runs and more of an issue with their defense. Having a RB top 10 in rushing yards also supports that argument. As I mentioned before, QB runs are stoppable and have been stopped before, numerous times. Again, I'm not gonna tel you how to do it. Maybe if half the teams in the league didn't draft for the '23 season then things would be different.

I don't see any more of an issue with QB running than I do with anything else in this sim and I posted both NFL stats and SB examples to support my statement. If you want to take it even further you can look at college as well. In 2017 Arizona QB Khalil Tate logged 153c in a season. Tim Tebow had 210c in 2007, 176c in 2008, and 217c in 2009. Explain to me how my rushing has been any different. You're counter argument is 'I'm crazy'. Not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with that. I'm not going to have a mobile QB and stand in the pocket all game. I'm also not going to sit back while you try to get extra limitations put on my players because you don't know how to stop it. My QB numbers, while not the norm, are not implausible.
    Yet again you act as if I'm attacking the game plan or you which I'm not. I said running with the QB in this game is broken and gave a couple examples from the league that is actively having games. I encourage people to use it while its available, but it needs tweaking. I didn't say get rid of running with the QB. I didn't even say limit the usage. The effectiveness of running with QBs in the game is broken. Thats all I said.

You can also use me telling Smackawits how to run with the QB as an example that im not mad about it and encourage it. Just think it needs some adjusting on the games end. Not to make it useless but more balanced

Yet again you act as if I'm attacking the game plan or you which I'm not. I said running with the QB in this game is broken and gave a couple examples from the league that is actively having games. I encourage people to use it while its available, but it needs tweaking. I didn't say get rid of running with the QB. I didn't even say limit the usage. The effectiveness of running with QBs in the game is broken. Thats all I said.
    Right, you keep saying that while offering no supporting arguments. I'm saying I disagree while offering supporting arguments. You seem to be more caught up on how I feel about it than the actual point of the conversation. I get where you're coming from. I understand your perspective. I just disagree. We can disagree without it getting emotional. You say it needs tweaking but you don't think usage should be limited. How should it be tweaked? Should QB's be limited to 4ypc? Should they fumble every 5 carries? What exactly are you proposing? The effectiveness is not broken. If that was the case then I wouldn't have RB's with higher averages than my QB. For Detroit, Patterson is averaging 5.7ypa vs Brissett who is averaging 4.95. On my team Chuba Hubbard is averaging 11ypc (albeit on only 16att) and Caleb Huntley is avg 6.76ypc vs Allen avg 6.95ypc. I think at some point we have to take scheme and personnel into account don't we?
    I know you're not mad at me man. I'm not mad at you either for bringing it up. Like I said it's worth having a conversation about, I just disagree with your conclusion. Sometimes I use the word mad as an expression and not necessarily to mean angry or pissed. You've been one of my day 1's so trust me I'm not trippin over this at all. I'm just defending my stance. If you can come up with a valid argument to counter mine then I'm happy to hear it out. I can talk football all day everyday, just ask my wife lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    Right, you keep saying that while offering no supporting arguments. I'm saying I disagree while offering supporting arguments. You seem to be more caught up on how I feel about it than the actual point of the conversation. I get where you're coming from. I understand your perspective. I just disagree. We can disagree without it getting emotional. You say it needs tweaking but you don't think usage should be limited. How should it be tweaked? Should QB's be limited to 4ypc? Should they fumble every 5 carries? What exactly are you proposing? The effectiveness is not broken. If that was the case then I wouldn't have RB's with higher averages than my QB. For Detroit, Patterson is averaging 5.7ypa vs Brissett who is averaging 4.95. On my team Chuba Hubbard is averaging 11ypc (albeit on only 16att) and Caleb Huntley is avg 6.76ypc vs Allen avg 6.95ypc. I think at some point we have to take scheme and personnel into account don't we?
    I know you're not mad at me man. I'm not mad at you either for bringing it up. Like I said it's worth having a conversation about, I just disagree with your conclusion. Sometimes I use the word mad as an expression and not necessarily to mean angry or pissed. You've been one of my day 1's so trust me I'm not trippin over this at all. I'm just defending my stance. If you can come up with a valid argument to counter mine then I'm happy to hear it out. I can talk football all day everyday, just ask my wife lol.
    Maybe the issue isn't the QB running maybe its the lack of options to defend against it. Like you said in a previous post you have to be in 5wr set to run with QB which will force most teams into dime packages but on the flip side if a team were to switch out of dime packages you would get passed all over, in your case you're already doing both, but that's not the norm. So it's more or less impossible to stop both my suggestion would be to add the QB to the handoff% like the HB1, HB2, HB3, FB. That still doesn't fix the other issue though and I don't have a good fix for the other issue. Maybe be able to set % of defence packages against offensive packages wouldn't be a guaranteed fix but then we could set 50% dime 50% run defense and it should atleast match up appropriately sometimes. I don't have a full proof fix though

You can also use me telling Smackawits how to run with the QB as an example that im not mad about it and encourage it. Just think it needs some adjusting on the games end. Not to make it useless but more balanced
    Sure hope your team doesnt turn into a bot2. I had a defense that sorta worked with the QB running constantly. If I can find my notebook, I'll pm you.

This Sim has GMs that are 100% devoted. Thats fine and all, its just we're not all like that so communication breaks down, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Sure hope your team doesnt turn into a bot2. I had a defense that sorta worked with the QB running constantly. If I can find my notebook, I'll pm you.

This Sim has GMs that are 100% devoted. Thats fine and all, its just we're not all like that so communication breaks down, imo.
    I have no intention of quitting lol

I don't really have an issue with the true dual-threat QBs. More with those who have never rushed for over 300 yards in a season, and all of that coming on scrambles. Those guys would die on the field if they ran 20 QB draws.