Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QB rushing

QB rushing

Has there been any thoughts about nerfing rushing with QBs in this? Its basically impossible to defend against and through the first 3 weeks of Cardinals1 2 QBs are top 4 rushing yards. 1. Being Josh Allen at almost 500 yards. The other being jacoby brissett(4th) at almost 300 yards. I get taking advantage of it while its there so this isn't a knock at those coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmcm2297 View Post
    Has there been any thoughts about nerfing rushing with QBs in this? Its basically impossible to defend against and through the first 3 weeks of Cardinals1 2 QBs are top 4 rushing yards. 1. Being Josh Allen at almost 500 yards. The other being jacoby brissett(4th) at almost 300 yards. I get taking advantage of it while its there so this isn't a knock at those coaches.
    I did the same thing my first season.

Lots of guys made a fuss about it.

So, I went away from it.

It just didn't sit right with me.

I guess some guys just like playing video games with cheat codes.

They can't win any other way.

Supposedly, when a Qb runs the ball too much, in this sim, the Qb will suffer with his passing performance being downgraded.

When I did it a couple of seasons ago, it was with Lamar, and his passing performance was terrible anyway, that season, so I couldn't really tell the difference.

There was one team, a couple of seasons ago, that the owner had found a blitz package that allowed his team to record twice as many sacks as the NFL's number #1 sack unit of all-time.

I figure guys like that just justify themselves to themselves.

It's a game, they are playing by the rules.

Side note: that guy wasn't even supposed to be able to draft Josh Allen, the previous pick was messed up by the owner who drafted the wrong Josh Allen.

He probably would have drafted another Running QB anyway.

So, does it really matter?

Limiting the number of runs by a Qb could be an option.

However, he would probably get mad and quit the game.

Again.

I want to be clear i was not calling out the people who are playing the game within the rules more that a particular thing in the game is broken and could use some attention. I don't blame anyone for playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmcm2297 View Post
    There's several factors that are being missed or blatantly ignored so I'll try my best to cover just a few of them.

1. QB runs are not impossible to defend against. I've had similar gameplans get shutdown. I'm not going to tell you how to stop me...
    2. Not all QB runs are by design. Scrambles are also QB runs. Guessing by the variance in the passing percentages in the box score; sacks, at times, may or may not be included in those numbers.
    3. In real life, Josh Allen has had 135y in a single game (only 9 carries).
    4. In real life, Josh Allen has had 15 carries in a single game.
    5. I'm averaging about 20 carries and 140y per game this year.
    6. Both teams also have RB's that are top 10 in yards.
    7. Josh Allen already has 5 fumbles on the year. In real life the most he's ever had in a season is 14, that means I'm beating that pace. High risk, High reward.
    8. While you're all so concerned about my Allen on the ground, you failed to mention that he's also top 10 in passing attempts, completions, and yards. He also leads the league in passing TD's.
    9. Lamar Jackson has had over 20 carries in a game multiple times.
    10. Justin Fields, Mike Vick, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Collin Kaepernick, and Tobin Rote (Packers' QB in the early 50's) have all had games with 150 or more yards on the ground. The list gets a lot longer if you dial it back to 100y in a game.

I drafted a dual-threat QB and now you're mad that I'm using him as a dual-threat QB? Am I stretching the carries a bit? Absolutely, it's a sim and I don't have to worry about my QB getting injured. I've also had my DE get a sack and get called for defensive holding on the same play. I've seen more safeties than I would in a typical season. I've seen record amounts of sacks in a season. I've seen record amounts of punt and kick return TD's.

In short, my counter is that my QB's rushing stats are normal by sim standards. I have a dual-threat QB, why would I not utilize him to his fullest capacity? Doesn't sound like a smart coaching move.

I clearly stated I wasn't mad that you were using g him that way but ok clearly you read it differently. If you don't see an issue with the success of running with the QB in this game you're crazy. Also didn't ignore the passing stats they were irrelevant to what I was saying.
    Last edited by Cmcm2297; 11-21-2023 at 03:28 AM.

Actually stated 2 times my complaint wasn't about the coaches use of the running QB so you must have missed it both times

Justify Themselves

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    QB rushing is programmed to be much less effective if you exceed the carries per game of the QB in the NFL.

Let me know if you think I need to take another look at it.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    QB rushing is programmed to be much less effective if you exceed the carries per game of the QB in the NFL.

Let me know if you think I need to take another look at it.

Should not the complete performance of the QB be much less effective?

On a per game basis and cumulatively through the season?

I have a running QB and I don't even know how to schedule him to run (except to put everyone else at 0)