Thread: Awarded Free Agent

Awarded Free Agent

Just have a quick question. During the free agent bidding period, I initially won the bidding on a player, and my team name was listed as being the winning bid in the "Awarded Free Agents" section of the free agency page. The next time I checked, however, the player was awarded to a different team, the team that originally owned them last season. Is this a system glitch, or is this what happens when the other owner decides to match the free agent offer as described in the how to manual? I was just a bit confused how it all played out.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Yes, the other team elected to retain them. That is the drawback of bidding too low in hopes of a bargain.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    As a general tip, if you let one of your own players go to free agency, you'll get the option to beat the best free agency bid that he receives. So it's kind of in your best interest to just sit back on your own free agents and not bid them up.

That makes sense now. When does it ask you if you'd like to retain one of your previous players? Do I have to find that somewhere or will it automatically prompt me?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    You have 24 hours to counter offer. You will get an email prompt, but also when you go to the free agent auction page, it will route you to make decisions on counter offers before going to the normal auction.

It would be nice if the team that won the bidding got an email as well notifying them that the original owning team decided to match so they had been awarded the player. I was in the dark and assumed I had him since it showed him awarded to me once the bidding ended. Thankfully I checked again later for another player in the awarding list and happened to see that I didn't get him in the end.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    I’ll put it in the list if improvements.