Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow...Makes a Difference when coaches are committed...WHAT A PLEASURE!

Wow...Makes a Difference when coaches are committed...WHAT A PLEASURE!

176 picks in two days..........had this been a rookie draft it would have been done in two days.....I hope I am not jinxing the rest of the cardinals1 initial draft by thanking all you coaches for staying on top of things.....what a difference from the other league I am in.

Completely agree but we won’t know for sure until we’re two seasons in and people stay with it regardless of outcome.

Thanks to CDCOX for backing the active league. And everyone for getting behind it. There were moments I didn't know if we could pull this off. May be the most users online since I've started doing this in 2021. Honestly believe this could lead to more users (which is what CDCOX and Kevin want) and bigger things for Sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeynardie View Post
    Completely agree but we won’t know for sure until we’re two seasons in and people stay with it regardless of outcome.
    At the very least we have found a formula that works. Biggest thing is like you said building on the momentum we've created.

45 minutes is also much better. Enough time to negotiate a trade, but keeps it moving

We're up to pick 379, but seem to be dragging a little. Set your boards and check the little box, we're only 1/4 of the way done!

My board has 66 players on it currently. I expect it will be close to empty tomorrow or Sunday. Then the real work happens as you dig through 1000 player's stats to find a future diamond in the rough. I predict the pace will slow significantly by Monday. Drafting is the best part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mdboucher View Post
    We're up to pick 379, but seem to be dragging a little. Set your boards and check the little box, we're only 1/4 of the way done!

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't just click the button and walk away.

I have to refresh the screen just to make sure that everything is the way it is supposed to be.

Sometimes after I refresh the screen, The button is not clicked anymore, or the players I moved around are not in the correct place anymore.

So, setting the auto pick is one thing, but check to make sure.

I'm willing to bet that some of these 45-minute picks are on guys who clicked the button and walked away, not refreshing to make sure.

Can't blame them, they think they set the auto draft sequence in motion.

If one doesn't refresh, one can never be certain.

Wasn’t that last line from a 90s deodorant ad?

Quote Originally Posted by mdboucher View Post
    Wasn’t that last line from a 90s deodorant ad?

One can never be certain...