Thread: Quick Concern

Quick Concern

Is the typical $1200 going to be enough for us to sign everyone on our 53-man rosters?

I do not remember; did we have to sign everyone in the previous leagues, or were the originally gifted bench players already under contracts?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    1200/53 = $22 average contracts

It is more than generous, given that 1 year contracts are free.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quick Concern

So If I have a player on my team and his contract has expire. And no one sign him to a free agent contract and he is still on my team. BY what you just said to UmmBerrto 1year contract are free so I can keep that player on my team for free it I don't cut him.

One other question in this new league after we get done with are Vet. Draft and then we are going in to the rookie draft are we going to get the 450 for that part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by pit1232 View Post
    So If I have a player on my team and his contract has expire. And no one sign him to a free agent contract and he is still on my team. BY what you just said to UmmBerrto 1year contract are free so I can keep that player on my team for free it I don't cut him.

One other question in this new league after we get done with are Vet. Draft and then we are going in to the rookie draft are we going to get the 450 for that part of the game
    The rookie draft will be AFTER we play the RL 2022 season, so my guess is yes to the $450, but we need CDCOX to confirm that.

It is my understanding that we will sign all 53 initial players to a contract. Players that are signed for one year will be free agents at the end of the year (except the two player retention and matching retention rule). No players are free at this point. If you are to retain them after the 2022 RL season, you must spent 1 salary point or they will be removed from your roster for the 2023 RL season.

I am sure I will be corrected if I am in error.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    One year contracts are free when you acquire a player through a draft.

To keep a free agent, they have to be under contract. If no one bids on one of your players that you want to keep, bid $1. You might get them for $1 or if someone else bids on them just wait for the auction to end and decide if you want to retain them.

For cardinals1, after the initial acquisition draft, we will simulate 2022. Then we will start a new league year. You’ll get your $450 before the 2023 rookie draft.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations