Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard reset of Cardinals1

King of the World
    Blog Entries

Hard reset of Cardinals1

We are going to hard reset Cardinals1. Here are the conditions

1. The draft order will be preserved from the initial assignment, except as noted in 2 below
    2. All trades made earlier today will be reversed, except for the mega draft pick trade between Omaha and Hazard. That one doesn't involve players.
    3. There will be no auto assignment of players. Even after the correction, there were going to be some good players randomly assigned, and people didn't seem to like it.
    4. We will draft 53 rounds. We'll try 45 minutes per pick. If that is working well we can consider going to 30, but I'd rather go conservative at first till we see how it works. If the draft gets bogged down in later rounds we'll address it then.
    5. All players will be included in the original draft. There will be no free agency. This will also save us some time in the schedule.
    6. I've turned off trades until I can get the database fixed, hopefully tomorrow.
    7. Your draft boards will be preserved. Some players are going to be added to the list of draftable players, so you may want to check it again later.
    8. The draft will start as originally scheduled.

It was clear that people posting in the message threads wanted to control the players on their roster. The time trade off between more rounds of the draft and a longer free agency is pretty much a wash and the 53 round draft was easier for me to handle the programming (I think).

Thanks fore everyone's input.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Update:

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    We are going to hard reset Cardinals1. Here are the conditions

1. The draft order will be preserved from the initial assignment, except as noted in 2 below done
    2. All trades made earlier today will be reversed, except for the mega draft pick trade between Omaha and Hazard. That one doesn't involve players. done
    3. There will be no auto assignment of players. Even after the correction, there were going to be some good players randomly assigned, and people didn't seem to like it. done
    4. We will draft 53 rounds. We'll try 45 minutes per pick. If that is working well we can consider going to 30, but I'd rather go conservative at first till we see how it works. If the draft gets bogged down in later rounds we'll address it then. done
    5. All players will be included in the original draft. There will be no free agency. This will also save us some time in the schedule. I think this is done, but I would appreciate knowing about any missing players
    6. I've turned off trades until I can get the database fixed, hopefully tomorrow. done
    7. Your draft boards will be preserved. Some players are going to be added to the list of draftable players, so you may want to check it again later. Again, I think this is done
    8. The draft will start as originally scheduled.

It was clear that people posting in the message threads wanted to control the players on their roster. The time trade off between more rounds of the draft and a longer free agency is pretty much a wash and the 53 round draft was easier for me to handle the programming (I think).

Thanks fore everyone's input.
    I will keep everyone informed on progress in this thread.
    Last edited by cdcox; 10-14-2023 at 02:54 AM.

Thanks for doing this

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    It looks like the main remaining task is to add the additional 28 rounds to the draft and turn trades back on. This should be relatively easy to do tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    It looks like the main remaining task is to add the additional 28 rounds to the draft and turn trades back on. This should be relatively easy to do tomorrow.
    Thanks a lot Cox

thanks CD!

CD
    Would you consider having a short free agent period just in case some minor moves are needed to keep street free agents from playing? Like once you see player availability and need to cut sign player because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    CD
    Would you consider having a short free agent period just in case some minor moves are needed to keep street free agents from playing? Like once you see player availability and need to cut sign player because of it.

Personally, if a simple fix is available, I would support the expansion of rosters to 63 in order to better represent

what the NFL teams actually have available in practice squads and injury reserve.

However, that may not be as simple a fix to code, as it is to think.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Personally, if a simple fix is available, I would support the expansion of rosters to 63 in order to better represent

what the NFL teams actually have available in practice squads and injury reserve.

However, that may not be as simple a fix to code, as it is to think.
    Right but an example you want to draft rookie picks for veteran picks. If I were to do that then I'd be short with players on roster like if I gave up a 1st round veteran pick for a 1st round rookie pick (hypothetical). So having a free agent period would help balance that out.