Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Active League is now open for signups.

Are going to try new thing in this league like a list for IR so we can keep them or just like we been doing.

I feel if we are really in this for the long term (and we are essentially replaying 2022 RL).....and everyone is participating (whether it is just setting a draft board or paying attention to details)...then each round of the draft would take (I would hope) 12 hours if we allowed 30 minutes to choose (15 minutes would be my preference...6 hours per round). This could be adjusted (60 minutes first two rounds, next ten rounds 30 minutes, next rounds 15 minutes until completed).

What I experienced with the "shotgun" approach is some teams were given total starting lineups while others were given retired players or players that played in very few games. Obviously, this changes strategy while building your team and gives a leg up on the competition. It was easy in the first off season to correct during FA with the small number of coaches participating. That would not be the case in a league where everyone is participating.

Maybe the first 25 rounds are given more time and then the last half are driven from draft lists? I am just throwing out ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    I feel if we are really in this for the long term (and we are essentially replaying 2022 RL).....and everyone is participating (whether it is just setting a draft board or paying attention to details)...then each round of the draft would take (I would hope) 12 hours if we allowed 30 minutes to choose (15 minutes would be my preference...6 hours per round). This could be adjusted (60 minutes first two rounds, next ten rounds 30 minutes, next rounds 15 minutes until completed).

What I experienced with the "shotgun" approach is some teams were given total starting lineups while others were given retired players or players that played in very few games. Obviously, this changes strategy while building your team and gives a leg up on the competition. It was easy in the first off season to correct during FA with the small number of coaches participating. That would not be the case in a league where everyone is participating.

Maybe the first 25 rounds are given more time and then the last half are driven from draft lists? I am just throwing out ideas.
    I believe CDCOX has said hard to get coding right in terms of time limits for pick. Having active members will help make draft go by faster because they won't be taking the usual hour for pick. So your issue will be taken care of because of it. Like being in active league means making pick in reasonable amount of time etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pit1232 View Post
    Are going to try new thing in this league like a list for IR so we can keep them or just like we been doing.
    Haven't heard anything from CDCOX about IR. Biggest issue right now is getting the full 24 teams signed up because its day 3 and 15 of the 24 have signed up which is concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post

This is the problem i had with the team i started, literally only had like 5 players given to me that actually played. When free agency happened i dropped every single player given to me and signed new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    Biggest issue right now is getting the full 24 teams signed up because its day 3 and 15 of the 24 have signed up which is concerning.
    That's been bugging me too. To be fair though it did take more than 3 days to fill the list so hopefully more will start trickling in over the next couple of days.

Everybody start asking friends if they’d be interested in joining. I’m guessing we will be 4-6 teams short based on login dates of some teams.

Another thing I like about starting teams with half a roster is that it clears a lot of garbage players from the draft que.

There are already enough players to filter through when drafting our initial teams.

I don't think I would like to have to filter through another 600+ players on that list.

I am fine with a full draft or with how it always is doesn't make much of a difference to me.

We all want to have 24 owner that want to do this. When Cdcox send out the email to all of us we all should have ran to sign up so we would not be looking for people that want to play the game. Please sign up if you were one of them that want this. Don't be the one that screws this up.