Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Annual Review Thread - Tell us about your team's season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Yep, another one who craves attention, lol.

Narcissist.
    I'm not the one bitching and moaning that people are repping their teams. You're complaining solely to draw attention to yourself. If you had a problem with it you could've just ignored it. Instead you have to try to **** on others for celebrating. How about in the future you do better so you can have something worthy to say too.

So, what I said irritates you? A blanket statement and now folks like u and ur ego respond.
    I wonder why.

I'm not the one needing to take on 20 bot teams to show how I important I am, lol.

Brag it up. Idgaf. You're an attention whore, admit it!

I am Sooo excited about this new team I am taking over for the upcoming 2023 SandBox season.

The Clash were division winners in 2022 as an abandoned team that finished with a 10-6 record

and a nice bankroll of available cap space,

(though also saddled with a bunch of unsigned free agents).

Taking over ownership of the Clash prior to the 2023 Rookie Draft gave me an excellent opportunity to examine

the needs of the future and prepare changes.

I was able to identify several key players available in the later rounds of the rookie pool who have already made key impacts in the

short lived 2023 football season within their respective professional teams, lifting their value above their real-world draft positions.

Because the Clash happened to be in a league, that at the time of this draft, had been abandoned by many other owners,

this left these late round standouts up for grabs to the few team owners who were actually paying attention.

One of the few Owners who was paying attention to the draft turned out to be the kind of owner who clearly put more stock in the

first few rounds of the draft then he does the final few rounds, and in a regular league full of active owners,

I would tend to agree with him. However, He and I had a moment here where our two agendas aligned and his desire, seemed

to be, to escape the mundane final four rounds of this year's rookie draft and avoid the same rounds in next years,

which then coincided with my need to lock in several individuals that though drafted in later rounds professionally were

gaining attention much earlier in the other more occupied and active leagues.

What laid on the table before me was the kind of Hershel Walker/Ricky Williams type of trade that had the potential to turn an

abandoned team into a perennial powerhouse or result in getting a GM/Head Coach fired, (as it did Coach Ditka).

Should I, (knowing the kind of young talent slated to be available in 2024), trade the Cheyenne Clash's 2024 First Round Pick for

2023 4th-7th round picks plus their 2024 4th-7th round picks and the free agent rights to a relatively productive young back up?

It took me nearly two days of agonizing debate within my own mind as I weighed both the wisdom and foolishness

of the potential outcomes of this drastic exchange.

A future First round pick for two handfuls of magic beans and an unproven guy who I have to pay a franchise contract too or

potentially overpay for in the free agent market, or potentially lose to another team,

(which basically means he amounts to some dirt to go with the beans).

There is another owner, in another league, he and I had exchanged phone numbers during this year's drafts for trade talks.

I texted him the situation, just to gather a different opinion from someone who knows what this game is like.

He didn't think it was a trade he would make; I agreed with him in direct principle, but there were some specific

guys on the table that it appeared were definitely going to fall into my lap, if I had the late round picks available.

The kind of guys that if this rookie draft had been pushed back to mid-season

they could have been drafted as high as the first two rounds, at least it looked that way at the moment, from my perspective.

Neither of these other two owners were able to see the beauty of what was opening up in the window of my mind.

Well, the clock struck, time was up, and a choice had to be made, I looked at what I saw with faith and hope and struck the deal.

The Cheyenne Clash's future #1 pick for rounds 4-7 now, future rounds 4-7 and a 0yr contract roll player.

I can already imagine what many other owners are thinking; sounds like the kind of deal some cheater would pull off to steal a #1.

Rounds 4-7 are full of guys who get cut from rosters within their first few years. In exchange for a #1? No way this is legit.

I know I look like an idiot to many; however, I believe in what I think I saw, and I believe in those guys,

I believe there is something special at hand.

Did I get the guys I wanted to get with this trade? You bet I did. Will I sign that 0yr guy? probably not to a franchise tag,

and I hope I don't regret letting him test the market, I hope to retain his services at a reasonable price.

What about the 2024 draft? What will my counterpart get with my #1? What will I get with his 4-7's?

Well, we will just have to see, won't we.

Ither way, it added some fun and drama to my week,

in a way that inspired me to carry that same energy into my personal/professional life,

to get out and take some chances for what I believe in, what I believe I see,

even if there aren't many others that can see the same things just yet.

I believe we both got what we wanted, what we both felt was in our best interest.

Yet, I believe it feels more like a win for me, because in some small way, I needed to see myself believe in myself.

To see me choose faith and hope again, even if it is just while playing an exaggeratedly cerebral game of coded fiction.

My thanks go out to the Designers, Maintainers and Participants of this Alternate Reality Football Game,

From me to you all, for what you have committed yourselves to being a part of.

You are appreciated,

Sincerely,

The New GM of the Cheyenne Clash
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 09-20-2023 at 09:44 PM.

terd, crip notes please.

You offered the best trade anyone has in years. It's just I built that team for current contracts and this year it was due.
    20 or so free agents so I needed rookie help.

bitching and moaning.....really kingswood?

Do i have to bring up your crying about a trade that had you leave the Sim cause you didn't get your way?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I think this thread is going well.

As I close out the Rookie and Franchise Tag deals for the various different teams that I manage in separate leagues,

I find that most of my teams are left with somewhere around $150 to $220 million dollars in available cap space.

That leaves me really excited going forward into the pending free agency period of the game.

Even more so, because, with one of the abandoned teams I picked up before the draft, after all the rookie signings,

it still has over $350 million to work with. I cannot wait until free agency starts;

I hope to build some teams that can make a dent in the Challange Play arena's top 10 next year,

as well as win me some SandBox Simulations championships.

I'm coming for ya KW, DJ and the host of others.

Come on with the 2023 Free Agency sessions.

Let the Good Times Roll.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 09-21-2023 at 12:54 AM.

bitching and moaning.....really kingswood?

Do i have to bring up your crying about a trade that had you leave the Sim cause you didn't get your way?
    What I said hurt you so much that you had to reply then come back 4 hours later and cry some more? Dude how pathetic are you? What's your problem? Remember that time you reached out to Paperlions and I because you don't have any friends? Pepperidge Farms Remembers. Then you just up and threw a little bitchfit because we weren't giving you as much attention as you require and you stopped talking to us. Then you disappeared from the game altogether. Didn't you leave around the same time I did? I left because I was throwing a temper tantrum about a valid trade being overturned. You left because nobody cared whether or not you existed. We are not the same. I didn't take over 20 teams to feel important, I took over 11 teams to try to keep these leagues alive and to test my ability. I thought we were all here to test our GM abilities. Why are you here? What are you hoping to get out of this interaction? You throw a little shade but then can't handle it when it comes back. I've never seen a bigger loser in my life. You don't get respect by ****ting on others. You get it by stepping up and earning it. Do Better.

Pre emptive strike for you bragging it up about your dot league dominance Attention Whore.

I listened to you cry & bitch in dms about this sim and tried to pacify you.
    I needed friends, seriously? Is that why I told you and him to f o cause I was tired of hearing you both BITCH. Neither one of you could understand it takes writing more code for your dumb as dreams. I told you both to write your own Sim, lol.

I left due to no PC you dumb****. My old phone didn't accept the Sim. At the same time, you were throwing a temper tandrum. I explained how Id been thru **** with this sim and was loling at some of your requirements to keep you active.
    Theres you twos opinions and mine and the truth.
    Ever wonder why I didn't join u2s FB chat to bitch about the sim?

I expected this much from you. How many leagues you win that had all the GMs active after "reset"?

Get over yourself.

Pre emptive strike for you bragging it up about your dot league dominance Attention Whore.

I listened to you cry & bitch in dms about this sim and tried to pacify you.
    I needed friends, seriously? Is that why I told you and him to f o cause I was tired of hearing you both BITCH. Neither one of you could understand it takes writing more code for your dumb as dreams. I told you both to write your own Sim, lol.

I left due to no PC you dumb****. My old phone didn't accept the Sim. At the same time, you were throwing a temper tandrum. I explained how Id been thru **** with this sim and was loling at some of your requirements to keep you active.
    Theres you twos opinions and mine and the truth.
    Ever wonder why I didn't join u2s FB chat to bitch about the sim?

I expected this much from you. How many leagues you win that had all the GMs active after "reset"?

Get over yourself.
    I don't recall bitching to you at all. I remember you crying over and over to get added to the FB chat, then crying because you couldn't figure out how to find a message request. And you definitely cried about not having enough friends. I remember all that because that's why we went out of our way to try to make you feel accepted. There wasn't a single league that had every owner active, hence why we're starting the active league. In fact there were only 2 leagues over 50%. I still won though. How many did you win exactly? How many have you won since you've been here? Don't take your frustrations out on everyone else because of your own ineptitude. Celebrating your wins only comes across as narcissistic to someone who's never had any. If you feel the need to talk ****, do it on the field. Until then you're nothing but Stank, Hot Air From the West