Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Annual Review Thread - Tell us about your team's season.

Administrator
    Blog Entries

2022 Annual Review Thread - Tell us about your team's season.

I'll start with the Newport Beach Neptunes, who had a rough season.

Team Summaries: Newport Beach Neptunes (League: Raiders1) – Record 7-9

It was a disappointing year for the Neptunes as they missed the playoffs for the first time in their history. In fact, their 7-9 record landed them in last place in the competitive Solar West Division. Their usually strong running game, led by Nick Chubb produced only 3.9 yards per carry behind an underachieving offensive line. Jimmy Garroppolo played well, leading a 4th-ranked passing attack, but his Week 12 injury ended his season early. The offense sputtered all season.
    The perennially strong defense may have been a bigger disappointment, despite ranking 9th overall. They destroyed opposing running games, ranking 4th in the league and a league-best YPC, but yielded major yardage in the passing game and were unable to generate strong pressure after Aaron Donald was lost to injury early. Kenny Moore and Trey Hendrickson led the defensive effort with 6 interceptions and 8 sacks, respectively.

Primary lineup:
    QB - Jimmy Garroppolo (3,272 yards, 31 touchdowns, 6 Int)
    HB – Nick Chubb (1,257 yards rushing, 3.9 ypc, 5 TDs + 45 receptions, 614 receiving yards, 5 TDs)
    WR – Tee Higgins (74 rec, 939 yds, 9 TDs)
    WR – Gabriel Davis (49 rec, 452 yds, 3 TDs)
    WR – Mecole Hardman (40 rec, 575 yds, 8 TDs)
    TE – Trey McBride (63 rec, 693 yds, 5 TDs)
    LT – Charles Leno
    LG – Elgton Jenkins
    C – Luke Fortner
    RG – Brandon Scherff
    RT – Jordan Mailata
    K – (Street free agen)
    P – Jamie Gillan
    S – Adrian Amos (1 int)
    S – John Johnson
    CB – L’Jarius Sneed (1 int)
    CB – Tariq Woolen (3 int)
    NCB – Kenny Moore (6 int, 1 sack)
    OLB – Khalil Mack (7 sacks, 2 int)
    OLB – Matt Judon (5 sacks, 1 int)
    ILB – Roquan Smith
    DE – Trey Hendrickson (8 sacks)
    DE – Sam Hubbard (5 sacks)
    DT – Grover Stewart (2 sacks)
    DT – Greg Gaines (1 sack)

So who's my team MVP? Chubb produced a lot, but a 3.9 ypc isn't impressive. Kenny Moore's six interceptions are very impressive, but he also missed several games with an injury. Maybe Khalil Mack with 7 sacks and 2 interceptions?
    Last edited by Kevin; 09-18-2023 at 05:00 AM.

Avalanche went 11-5 in Dolphins1
    We ran into lot of injuries. Javonte Williams, Ojulari, Ojabo, Trey Lance. I traded for Melvin Gordon only for him to get released 2 weeks later.
    So I'm pleased I was able to go 11-5 with the issues I had. I was tempted to tank little bit but wanted to keep integrity and be competitive.

Austin Invaders went 11-4-1 lost in wild card in Raiders1
    I've been rebuilding that team since free agency last year so year 1 was a success. Nick Bosa had 22 sacks, was suprised only managed 9 INT with a corners Bradberry, Asaunte Samuel Jr, Jaycee Horn, and Stephon Gilmore, with Eric Rowe and Justin Reid at safety.
    Kenneth Walker had 1064 yards 2 TD 3.6 yards per carry
    Cordarrelle Patterson had 704 yards 7 TD 5.58 yards per carry
    The Huntsville Convicts team I gave up because there were only 5 or 6 active teams in the league went 15-1/14-2 and loss in the conference finals in OT
    Judon ended up with 25+ sacks it amazed me how many players had 15+ sacks
    Pierce and Foreman both had 1000 yards rushing
    Okonko had big year (Tennesse TE)

I learned how big the dline is in this game and having a decent offensive line.

It is hard to figure out what to tell you, who have yet to step inside this alternate reality, about what you should expect in here.

SandBoxSimulations.com is one of those games, that as is, is spectacularly different in a multitude of ways then contemporary FF.

SandBoxSimulations.com is not like any other Fantasy Football game you have ever played,

and yet, it may very well be the game you have been looking for.

This SandBox Simulation is not some reheated in the microwave version of football on the three or four letter network's App.

It's not some slow roasted over the fire, over cooked, football "video game" either.

SandBox Simulations Alternate Reality Football is an Alaskan Smoke House of 365/24/7 Cold Smoked flavor that I will never fully tell you about.

You want to feel like a real professional football General Manager? You want to know what it's like to research a colligate draft for weeks

and still not know if the guys you want are actually worth the blood, they sign their contracts with?

You want to know what it is like to go into a season thinking SandBox Bowl Championship only to find yourself three months later,

not sure if the guys you put together should spend the last few weeks of the season fighting for a playoff spot or for better draft position?

It's all here, The Draft, Free Agency, Trades, Bad Calls and Coaches that don't listen; an Any Thing Can Happen on Any Given Sunday Reality,

that can have your All-Pro Left Tackle, that never makes a mistake, pick up his hand before the snap in the biggest moment of the biggest game of the season.

As well as introduce the world to a guy who was bagging groceries last week, to come out of nowhere and save your game, nay save your season.

What do I say about SandBox Simulations Alternate Reality Football?

This ain't your Father's Fantasy Football, nor is it like any online version currently in existence.

You might love it, and you might hate it at the same time, but one thing is for sure.

Those hundreds of thousands of would-be GM's, who trust the process, are rewarded with an experience that is not offered within the common market games.

My Houston WarDogs made their second trip to the SandBox Bowl in the last three years, finally coming away with the championship trophy

and tickertape parade. Lead by the leagues #1 Defense and Co-Defensive Players of the Year Micah Parsons and Josh Sweat who combined for 45 sacks

on the same Defense that simultaneously yielded the least Rushing yards in the conference.

An absolutely amazing accomplishment and accolades should be dispersed all around.

However, just like in real life, the celebration is short lived, as the GM of the SandBox Bowl winning WarDogs, there is no time for me to sleep.

Just as soon as the trophy has been lifted over head, the week long Rookie draft hits like a freight train of early mornings and late nights,

as I try to figure out how to prioritize this teams next ten years one draft slot at a time.

All anyone can think for a solid week is Do I trade up? Down? Sell or Buy? What about a tag and trade? Am I going to lose him anyway?

I may want and deserve a beer once the draft is put to bed, and the trophy is in the case, yet one can't get distracted once the doors of

free agency have burst open, with two dozen other GM's ripping and clawing dollar by dollar to shred, in weeks, the defense that took me years to build

and poke holes in an offensive line that can keep out blitzers like the Hoover Damn can keep out water.

All the while looking to poach the best players I can from a pool of my own enemies; two dozen other men or women, from around the world, cerebral enough to

handle the most realistic 365/24/7 GM focused football game simulation ever endeavored to be brought to the .01%, who, by the stroke of fate,

missed the on ramp that would have directed us all to our own General Managers offices in the professional arena.

Though we cannot pull out our very own flux capacitor from a fever dream, we can, all step into the multiverse that is this;

"The SANDBOXSIMULATIONS.COM ALTERNATE REALITY FOOTBALL SIMULATION", which is truly and completely in everyway,

"FANTASY FOOTBALL FOR YOUR MIND".
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 09-26-2023 at 02:37 PM.

Imo, you folks that spend all your time playing a game online is a cause for concern with their personalities. I'm learning that. I did it with this Sim in beta a decade ago.

I don't need the gratification of winning and seeing my name at the top of CP, like some of you. Its just a game, toy for us old fs. Also an excuse for sucking.

But dominating dot leagues isn't impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Imo, you folks that spend all your time playing a game online is a cause for concern with their personalities. I'm learning that. I did it with this Sim in beta a decade ago.

I don't need the gratification of winning and seeing my name at the top of CP, like some of you. Its just a game, toy for us old fs. Also an excuse for sucking.

But dominating dot leagues isn't impressive.
    That sounds like something a loser would say.

Quote Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
    OK, bumterd, lol.

O, youre from CP. One good season and you think you're DJ's nuts, lol.

F U. Your team still sucks bitch! Be consistent, otherwise you're no better than titty meat.

How many draft picks you have this year?
    O, you traded them off for sammiches you dumb****.

I'm not the one touting my previous league accomplishments. Get over yourself, jeeze.

Verbatim..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    Verbatim..

Yep, another one who craves attention, lol.

Narcissist.