Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
PaperLions, you posted while I was typing my previous post. That's a really intriguing idea. I worry that the drafted teams will still be weak compared to the previously owned teams just because the previously owned teams will likely have more concentrated talent, but at the same time, it would give people some control over a rebuild. And drafts are fun. I'll run that by cdcox to see what he thinks.
I think you’re right in that the new drafted teams still not being much better. But, just like you said, drafts are fun, and if you’ve drafted your own players, maybe you can can get a base group of players so you can build your team and can get the team in the right direction and new owners will feel more invested and stick around longer since it’s a team they drafted. Some of those bot teams have a decent amount of cash carried over from season(s)….maybe you could collect all of the salary cap dollars each team has could be pooled together and divided up evenly across each all the new teams too? There are a couple of other ways you could divide that up, such as the team with the first pick thru the last pick get a little less for 1st and a little more for the team picking last? I’m sure someone can think up even better ideas for this. Or you could just wipe the the salary cap dollars of each team clean. I like the new ideas you’ve laid out today, too.