Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We're pondering trying something - a new feature. (And some marketing talk.)

new feature

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    I think Facebook group or WhatsApp group text will help that. 90% of the trades IÂ’ve made have come from Facebook chat or private messaging where we go back and forth before trade is agreed to and offered and accepted.
    that work for some people I try sign in to the but it did not let me in. There was a Jet league one at one time and I think maybe only three or four player were on it. One thing that happen is that you get someone that will facebook you at 3am or 4am to see what is going on. that the only thing that had happen and the wife get a little upset when the phone is dinging to say someone at that time want to see if you want to make a trade.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Rainman, do you have the Facebook link?
    I actually haven't been posting on it. I need to do more, obviously, but it's kind of hard to translate our text-based game into Facebook posts. I could never think of a compelling way to do it. That's why I'm asking for the annual summaries, so I can start posting them.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?...%20simulations

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Im trying to figure out how to promote this but no one wants to build full teams, let alone take over one of 31 other
    GMs ideas.
    They're all about regular ff.
    Yeah, we came into this figuring that maybe 1 percent of the FF market would be interested, and that's still a whole lot of people. I think it's something less of 1 percent, which is still a whole lot of people, but our challenge has been reaching them and convincing them that we're a legitimate game.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    I think a link to a simple summary flyer would work. Just something that does a better job of selling it then me, cause I'm having a hard time getting folks interested. And if you play madden or fantasy football then can't see why you wouldn't be interested in this.
    I can do that. We can put it up as a link at the website. I just have to get myself in design mode.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeynardie View Post
    I’m curious about how the alternate alternate universe works after the season. Do we go through a draft and keep that ongoing, in essence running two versions of the same team? Or is it just to get new people interested and then they switch over to the original alternate universe?
    The alternate universe would just be for last season's roster, so it would be as if the league got together in the offseason and decided to play another season before the rookie draft and free agency hit. You would have the one team going forward. (However, if we get the software put together I could see as offering a second "phantom season" as a regular offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Yeah, we came into this figuring that maybe 1 percent of the FF market would be interested, and that's still a whole lot of people. I think it's something less of 1 percent, which is still a whole lot of people, but our challenge has been reaching them and convincing them that we're a legitimate game.
    I'll help to keep it OVER .08, burp.

One of the things that has statistically been viable in the marketing world is the raising of your base

advertised price and offering your truly expected price point as a sale or limited time offer.

In other words, if $18 is your acceptable membership annual price.

Statistically, you should advertise the price at $29.99 with a limited time sale price of $17.99.

Americans have been programed to respond to these types of offers on a subliminal level.

Also, when you begin having success from your marketing and you eventually raise the price to $29.99

your clients have already been programed to expect it and accept it.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 09-21-2023 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    My target audience had been those who play madden and do franchise mode.