Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Order

Draft Order

Are these really the draft orders? In one of my leagues the team that won the championship is picking 17 instead of last. Ill check the other

Quote Originally Posted by Dbillblood View Post
    Are these really the draft orders? In one of my leagues the team that won the championship is picking 17 instead of last. Ill check the other
    sometimes people trade draft picks

must be stupid people cause they traded most of the draft lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dbillblood View Post
    must be stupid people cause they traded most of the draft lol

I guess that depends on what they get in return.

see L.A. Rams

They have been trading away their first-round picks for the last five years or so.

some people just like free agent players to pick and they don't care about the draft and they can pick and choose player that they know

So, I got an e-mail last night at 11:45 p.m. CT that it was my turn to draft in Chiefs1. Thanks!! Sorry I missed it, thought we suspended drafts at 12:00 midnight EASTERN time, which would have been 11:00 CT. Whatever would I do without Brodric Martin of Western Kentucky? Lol

Edit: Oh, and then I got another e-mail at 7:00 this morning that I missed my draft slot (that was past the cutoff time), and if I don't do a better job of managing my team, it will be designated for re-assignment!!

LMAO
    Last edited by Phog; 09-13-2023 at 12:37 PM.

Good suggestion is keeping a record of transactions so we know how someone got a pick if it was via trade especially after what happened in Patriots1 where he used bot teams to make trades.

Yes, something appears to have changed with how that opeates overnight. A couple nights ago when it hit midnight eastern, our draft was suspended as normal, with the time left for the pick reading NA. Tonight I was on the clock at 11:40, which would normally mean the draft would stop at midnight if I hadn't made a pick. Instead my time left for my pick kept going down. So I made my pick about five minutes ago at 12:20 am, but then it put the next team on the clock with 60 minutes left So it seems the draft is no longer pausing overnight for some reason.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    I have not closely watched the drafts at the midnight hour during this cycle.

By memory, here is roughly how it is supposed to work: if your draft pick expires after midnight it will not draft for you until 8:00 AM the next morning. But at the same time, the game does not prohibit you from drafting —either manually or with preset auto-pick — after midnight either. So if someone manually picks at 12:10 AM, and the next 3 people have auto pick set, then the next person will be up. I would hahe to check the code to be sure, but I think it is supposed to give that person their full clock starting at 8:00 AM. If it is not working that way I will have to take a look as to why.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

I should provide an update. I looked again this morning, and it just looks like the draft ran last night until 1 am Eastern, not midnight, so no biggie. I thought it was going t continue to run, but it did stop.