Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookie Draft...set bots to auto select?

Draft started 5 minutes ago. I'm in 3 leagues and set a draft board for each team. However, looking at each of my leagues, it appears my most active league will still be about 8-10 hours before a human pick "could" happen (first 8 picks are all bots in my most active league...in my least active league, it will be more like 10-12 hours before a human pick could happen). I understand why auto-draft is set up the way it is, however, couldn't someone with access to the entire league just go in to ownerless teams in each league and lock the draft board with no players on it? Then the program AI would select the best available player and move on immediately versus waiting to do that in an hour. It's work for CD to manually lock the boards in each of the leagues, but it would solve the problem and reduce draft time by several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Draft started 5 minutes ago. I'm in 3 leagues and set a draft board for each team. However, looking at each of my leagues, it appears my most active league will still be about 8-10 hours before a human pick "could" happen (first 8 picks are all bots in my most active league...in my least active league, it will be more like 10-12 hours before a human pick could happen). I understand why auto-draft is set up the way it is, however, couldn't someone with access to the entire league just go in to ownerless teams in each league and lock the draft board with no players on it? Then the program AI would select the best available player and move on immediately versus waiting to do that in an hour. It's work for CD to manually lock the boards in each of the leagues, but it would solve the problem and reduce draft time by several days.
    Theoretically anyone not in the league could pick up a team, set to auto draft, then drop it right? Then you could essentially just lather rinse repeat throughout the leagues for all the bots?

I think you are technically correct Kingswood. But can you take another team in your league to hit the draft board lock?

No, you can't own multiple teams at once, and once you abandon a team there is a 10 day delay before you can pick that same team back up if I'm not mistaken.

That would mean that you'd be abandoning your team for the draft. I'm also not sure that once a team was abandoned that the auto-pick wouldn't revert back to 'factory settings'.

What a coincidence, in both Chiefs1 and raiders1, Bryce Young was selected after the 1 hour limit had expired. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phog View Post
    What a coincidence, in both Chiefs1 and raiders1, Bryce Young was selected after the 1 hour limit had expired. ;-)

It says that you joined in 2019.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to whine about the obvious.

Clearly you have been around long enough to know what to expect.

How about we just appreciate the game for what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    It says that you joined in 2019.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to whine about the obvious.

Clearly you have been around long enough to know what to expect.

How about we just appreciate the game for what it is?
    Yeah, how long you been around? That's what I thought. And there's a winking guy behind the comment that denotes, um, you know, I was kidding? Now go back to your regularly scheduled program. Thanks!

No wonder people didn't want you in this league, let alone this whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phog View Post
    No wonder people didn't want you in this league, let alone this whole game.

Yeah, I came in here and complained a lot.

I argued and I made my opinions known.

Then I realized, why complain about something that has been decided already?

Why train the newcomers to dislike the current product?

One of the reasons I complained as much as I did was because of the frustrated masses that were already here complaining.

I followed the negativity because I had a bunch of other negative stuff in my life.

I cleared some of the negative from my life, at the time, that included this game.

I have returned to enjoy the game for what it is.

Are you one of the members that will continue to complain about the basic realities of this game?

Or are you one of the members who can enjoy this game and help the newcomers gain a positive opinion and approach?

Your tongue in cheek wink isn't helping anyone appreciate the game or the process.

Mr. 2019. Please, help the new guys stay appreciative.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 09-09-2023 at 06:35 PM.

Get lost, mkay?
    Last edited by Phog; 09-09-2023 at 06:41 PM.