Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam Howell worst ever?

Sam Howell worst ever?

Why is he worse than a FA QB? Outplayed by Cooper Rush? Really? I dont even know who that is lol

5 picks in one game, i think 8 or 9 in 2 games.

Guess i give Willis a try and then cut both and use a FA if he sucks as well

If it makes you feel any better, in Patriots1 Stefon Diggs is leading the league in drops with 13 and only 5 TD's with Joe Burrow throwing him the ball and in Chiefs1 Brady is tied with Fields for the lead in INT's with 12. He's throwing to Kelce, Hockenson, Mike Evans, Garret Wilson, and Keenan Allen. You'll drive yourself mad trying to make sense of it all. In Sandbox, Any Given Sunday means Every Given Sunday

In Patriots1:

Stefon Diggs ended with 85c/126t for 845y, 6TD's, and 19 drops.

That same league there is a SFA with 85c/130t for 848y, 8 TD's, and 11 drops.

Why bother playing the game at all if SFA are on the same level as Superstars?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    In Patriots1:

Stefon Diggs ended with 85c/126t for 845y, 6TD's, and 19 drops.

That same league there is a SFA with 85c/130t for 848y, 8 TD's, and 11 drops.

Why bother playing the game at all if SFA are on the same level as Superstars?
    we have all been pointing this out for two years now.....

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    we have all been pointing this out for two years now.....
    True, however, it was allegedly fixed this offseason...

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    The SFA is for the Council Bluff Criminals in Patriots1. At the end of the season are starting Hunter Henry at TE1 and Christian Kirk at WR1. That is it. Darnell Mooney was the only other player to contribute significant receiving yardage on that team. “Free agent” is playing at WR 2-5, TE 2-3, FB, and HB3. Not unreasonable to think that 8 scrubs getting a lot of playing time couldn’t combine for 850 yds.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    The SFA is for the Council Bluff Criminals in Patriots1. At the end of the season are starting Hunter Henry at TE1 and Christian Kirk at WR1. That is it. Darnell Mooney was the only other player to contribute significant receiving yardage on that team. “Free agent” is playing at WR 2-5, TE 2-3, FB, and HB3. Not unreasonable to think that 8 scrubs getting a lot of playing time couldn’t combine for 850 yds.
    Those 8 scrubs weren't playing every game, WR2 was Darnell Mooney for at least half the season. How many of those targets do you really expect went to the FB, TE2, TE3, WR4, or WR5? The majority of the time the team ran base and 3WR sets which means that the majority of the time there was only 1 SFA on the field. Even if they had 5 SFA on the field at all times it wouldn't make sense that they performed more efficiently as a group than a top 3-5 wideout. Not unreasonable to expect my top wideout to perform like a top wideout and not like a bunch of scrubs. Drops are entirely on the WR correct? So what would cause a WR who had double digit TD's and single digit drops in reality to have single digit TD's and double digit drops in your SIM? I mean seriously, what would cause a player to have 600 less yards, half the TD's, and double the drops?
    Last edited by Kingswood; 08-25-2023 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    The problem (IMO) is that some teams who are on auto-pilot end up with SFA playing while named players are on the bench and never used. Can you program so that depth chart players are sutomatically used before SFA's on those teams not checking theit lineups regularly?

None of this other stuff is anything close to what i pointed out. Howell in one game threw 5 picks. Not once has even a FA QB against my team thrown 5 that i remember. Hence in a 1v1 player QB vs QB Howell is worse than a SFA QB. Willis isnt much better. I mean i understand theyre unproven players, but at least they have a name lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dbillblood View Post
    None of this other stuff is anything close to what i pointed out. Howell in one game threw 5 picks. Not once has even a FA QB against my team thrown 5 that i remember. Hence in a 1v1 player QB vs QB Howell is worse than a SFA QB. Willis isnt much better. I mean i understand theyre unproven players, but at least they have a name lol
    Sam Howell played one game, had a completion percentage of 57.9, 1 TD, 1 INT, and ranked 44th in NFL passer rating at 82.8 between Gardner Minshew and David Blough. Willis had 0 TD's, 3 INTS, completed 50%, and through 6 games his passer rating was 42.8, which is good enough to rank 75th, between Anthony Brown and Trace McSorley. You're right, none of this other stuff is anything close to what I pointed out. I pointed out a superstar playing like 8 bums and you pointed out 2 bench warmers playing like bench warmers.