Thread: Playoff Seedings

Playoff Seedings

A suggestion for next year: eliminate divisions and seed the playoffs with the top five in each conference. Not sure about other leagues but in Dolphins1 both conferences are going to end up with a playoff team with a substantially sub-500 record. That will also freeze out at least 1 team with 10 plus wins. The divisions are very uneven. My division has 4 of the 5 best teams in the conference. One of us won’t make the playoffs. We also end up playing against each other twice making our strength of schedule tougher.

In the real world I’d say tough luck but here the likelihood that a bot team at 6-10 making the playoffs is pretty strong and that can and should be prevented.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeynardie View Post
    A suggestion for next year: eliminate divisions and seed the playoffs with the top five in each conference. Not sure about other leagues but in Dolphins1 both conferences are going to end up with a playoff team with a substantially sub-500 record. That will also freeze out at least 1 team with 10 plus wins. The divisions are very uneven. My division has 4 of the 5 best teams in the conference. One of us won’t make the playoffs. We also end up playing against each other twice making our strength of schedule tougher.

In the real world I’d say tough luck but here the likelihood that a bot team at 6-10 making the playoffs is pretty strong and that can and should be prevented.

Just my opinion.

One of the reasons why I pushed so hard for the active league. I see it in the 3/4 leagues I'm in where Bot teams are 2 to 3 games under .500 win division and I'm like 8-3 and in 3rd.

playoff seedings

I think that is going on in all the league this year more then before. Maybe just before the season starts someone should check the teams out and see how many active owner there are if they can. what I mean there are active owner that don't do anything to there team. The next thing someone should do is see how many players are on each roster in the league. You might have 42 player on that roster but if you check out how many games they can play in you see maybe another 2 to 5 player that did not play any game last year so there roster has only 30 some out player. So they are using more street free agent. then after that we should move all the team around to try and have all active owner not in the same divisions. I think that would help out in some ways were if it work out and the good teams would make the playoffs.