Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Sign-up for new "Active" league here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    redo please, though preference is 53 person draft. It would lengthen the time but shorten the post draft free agency I would think.

I’d be good with either drafting from scratch or re-doing the auto assign

I would vote for redoing the players to the 2022 database.
    I'd also vote for zero assigned players, just draft the whole league. Either 53rd draft or keep a shorter draft and acquire whoever isn't drafted as free agents to fill your roster. The presence of some probowl level players and some young talent in the assigned pool just starts things out lopsided

Anyway active league-
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1533517760732906/
    Cardinals1 Sandbox Football is group name
    We also have a Facebook chat going so easiest way to stay in contact for trades

Thanks Cdcox. I vote for redoing 2022 auto assigned players. Agree 53 round draft would be dragged out too long.

I would prefer 53, but I'm a nerd for figuring out the 53rd man on my roster. Barring that, a redo is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeynardie View Post
    I would prefer 53, but I'm a nerd for figuring out the 53rd man on my roster. Barring that, a redo is in order.
    Same part of me wants to try the 53 round draft just for the fun of it.

My thinking was that since we’re all longtime players committed to a full league, 53 rounds would more doable than if you had a bunch of bots, but again, I will roll with the punches.

Once again the Facebook group is
    Cardinals1 Sandbox Football
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1533517760732906/

I agree with keeping draft order and draft boards in place, as well as with redoing the auto-assigning.

I would vote for a 53 round draft, or alternatively 45 for times sake if needed as a compromise. Between the auto-assigned players and the rookie draft we can find 8 solid players to add to the back end of our rosters. Losing those final eight rounds would save us 96 hours which equates to four days if each team took 30 minutes on average to make each of their later round picks, which is quite possible with some teams likely taking the full hour if they grow bored in the last few rounds and aren't as on top of it as in earlier rounds.

Given that the auto-assigned players are being re-done, I would suggest that any trades involving players be undone, but any trades solely involving draft picks remain so that the efforts expended in trade negotiations for those teams aren't wasted.