Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Sign-up for new "Active" league here

redo please, though preference is 53 person draft. It would lengthen the time but shorten the post draft free agency I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeynardie View Post
    I would prefer 53, but I'm a nerd for figuring out the 53rd man on my roster. Barring that, a redo is in order.
    Same part of me wants to try the 53 round draft just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    I can probably make it a 53 round draft. The draft will take longer and gets really dull at the end (we tested this back in the day and a lot of people lost interest).

If any players have been traded, that could be a problem for keeping trades in place.

I can keep draft boards in place.

People only know what they have seen.

They believe change is better and needed.

If you can give them what they want, a 53 man draft, statistics suggest you should give it to them.

Your wisdom and experience is not inside their heads.

They are full of their own opinions.

Give them cake, if they get sick from eating too much, they will learn.

Building a community is a process full of give and take.

Or perhaps a 40-45-man draft with an empty roster to start and everyone can bid in Free Agency for the other 9-14 players.

But again, how much coding would this take?

How long of a setback?

I just want to play before guys throw tantrums, call each other names and leave the league.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post

If you can give them what they want, a 53 man draft, statistics suggest you should give it to them.

Or perhaps a 40-45-man draft with an empty roster to start and everyone can bid in Free Agency for the other 9-14 players.

How long of a setback?

I just want to play before guys throw tantrums, call each other names and leave the league.
    Wow I actually agree with umberto

My thinking was that since we’re all longtime players committed to a full league, 53 rounds would more doable than if you had a bunch of bots, but again, I will roll with the punches.

Once again the Facebook group is
    Cardinals1 Sandbox Football
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1533517760732906/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
    ... I don't even like cookies or jello. I buy the food I want to eat. I don't follow your metaphor. Either way I'm going to enjoy the game and either way I'm going to win the SB Championship. I don't see the problem with people voicing their opinions. Cox is going to be spending a lot of time upgrading the sim right? So changes will be made in the future. If the game is still in development it's actually beneficial to give feedback. Granted, some of us might get a little too whiny (ok me, sorry) but that doesn't mean that everything shouldn't at the very least be taken into consideration.

You are in the Lunar, and I am in the Solar.

Perhaps it is a good chance we will meet in the Championship.

I look forward to reading each line.

How long of a setback?

Someone else had mentioned a similar idea in the FB chat. We're already on a tight schedule so if the 53rd draft will take too long and most people are unhappy with random crap players, just drop the initial roster and add them to the draft pool. 25rds is enough to get our core offense and defense together and that will leave a good amount of players in the FA. That way everything is fair for everyone and we can eat our happy meals.
    I also agree that if it is a setback in any way that we should leave everything as is and move forward. As previously mentioned, we're on a tight schedule as is.

You are in the Lunar, and I am in the Solar.

Perhaps it is a good chance we will meet in the Championship.

I look forward to reading each line.
    I'll see you there

I agree with keeping draft order and draft boards in place, as well as with redoing the auto-assigning.

I would vote for a 53 round draft, or alternatively 45 for times sake if needed as a compromise. Between the auto-assigned players and the rookie draft we can find 8 solid players to add to the back end of our rosters. Losing those final eight rounds would save us 96 hours which equates to four days if each team took 30 minutes on average to make each of their later round picks, which is quite possible with some teams likely taking the full hour if they grow bored in the last few rounds and aren't as on top of it as in earlier rounds.

Given that the auto-assigned players are being re-done, I would suggest that any trades involving players be undone, but any trades solely involving draft picks remain so that the efforts expended in trade negotiations for those teams aren't wasted.