Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sign-up for new "Active" league here

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Why are so many people so upset about playing a game that we all have played before?

You knew what to expect.

Why can't you just enjoy playing the game?

I understand the frustration of the newbies.

When I was a newbie, I was frustrated.

However, when I came back, I signed up for what is here.

I came to play this game the way it is.

Why can you not be grateful to play the game the way it is?

There are still things that I don't like about the game.

However, I understand that those things are not going to change anytime soon.

Why can't you just be in appreciation for what is?
    Biggest frustration for some was players like tj watt, dj reader, Davonte Wyatt, jordan Davis, rashan Gary, being automatically assigned. But I agree best thing to do is enjoy the game.

Why are so many people so upset about playing a game that we all have played before?

You knew what to expect.

Why can't you just enjoy playing the game?

I understand the frustration of the newbies.

When I was a newbie, I was frustrated.

However, when I came back, I signed up for what is here.

I came to play this game the way it is.

Why can you not be grateful to play the game the way it is?

There are still things that I don't like about the game.

However, I understand that those things are not going to change anytime soon.

Why can't you just be in appreciation for what is?
    So nobody can offer an opinion or state a preference? How dumb is that? Nothing would ever get better. "Thank you sir may I have another" is no way to go through life.

Anyway active league-
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1533517760732906/
    Cardinals1 Sandbox Football is group name
    We also have a Facebook chat going so easiest way to stay in contact for trades

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    Biggest frustration for some was players like tj watt, dj reader, Davonte Wyatt, jordan Davis, rashan Gary, being automatically assigned. But I agree best thing to do is enjoy the game.

Well, that is life, sometimes you get a cookie with your name on it and sometimes you don't even get Jello.

Eat the sandwich and drink the juice.

Get to work and build your team and enjoy the game.

I didn't get any of those guys, and I don't care if one guy got them all.

I can still come out the SandBox Simulation Champion of the first ever all active league, Cardinals1.

I dare anyone to stop me.

!!!!GO CHICAGO OILMEN GO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    Ah crap. I spent a good deal of time curating the player database for 2023, forgetting that this league was starting in 2022. If people want me to, I can update the 2022 database and re-do the autoassignment, keeping the draft order the same. If I did this, all the autodrafted players would have been active in 2022. Sorry for this screw up. Let me know if you want me to fix it. I could do this on Saturday, while keeping the beginning of the draft the same.
    cdcox, would that mean then that the auto-assigned players would be those who didn't play that much in 2021 (due to either injury or general suckage), since in this current iteration the good players who were auto assigned were injured for a chunk of 2022?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    Cdcox could you do a 53 round draft if it was for 2023 season?
    I’m ok redoing autoassign given Jordan Davis, dj reader, tj watt were auto assigned.
    Could you keep the trades that were done or would they all be reversed?
    Would my draft board be erased?
    I can probably make it a 53 round draft. The draft will take longer and gets really dull at the end (we tested this back in the day and a lot of people lost interest).

If any players have been traded, that could be a problem for keeping trades in place.

I can keep draft boards in place.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Thanks Cdcox. I vote for redoing 2022 auto assigned players. Agree 53 round draft would be dragged out too long.

Well, that is life, sometimes you get a cookie with your name on it and sometimes you don't even get Jello.

Eat the sandwich and drink the juice.

Get to work and build your team and enjoy the game.

I didn't get any of those guys, and I don't care if one guy got them all.

I can still come out the SandBox Simulation Champion of the first ever all active league, Cardinals1.

I dare anyone to stop me.

!!!!GO CHICAGO OILMEN GO!!!!!
    ... I don't even like cookies or jello. I buy the food I want to eat. I don't follow your metaphor. Either way I'm going to enjoy the game and either way I'm going to win the SB Championship. I don't see the problem with people voicing their opinions. Cox is going to be spending a lot of time upgrading the sim right? So changes will be made in the future. If the game is still in development it's actually beneficial to give feedback. Granted, some of us might get a little too whiny (ok me, sorry) but that doesn't mean that everything shouldn't at the very least be taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyDan View Post
    cdcox, would that mean then that the auto-assigned players would be those who didn't play that much in 2021 (due to either injury or general suckage), since in this current iteration the good players who were auto assigned were injured for a chunk of 2022?
    Yes that’s correct

I would prefer 53, but I'm a nerd for figuring out the 53rd man on my roster. Barring that, a redo is in order.