Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign-up for new "Active" league here

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    I got my passel of **** ass players...15/28 not on a roster in 2023........2/28 players did not play in 2022.....so 61% of my players are dead already. Only 14/28 played any significant time in 2022. This is exactly why I wanted to draft ALL players instead of hustling for 51 players (yes, I might be able to keep 2 for 2023) in free agency. I am 90% sure I will not go thru this again. Gaylord Snowbirds might be up for new ownership tomorrow. This was even worse than the first time I went thru this....I only had to hustle for 48 free agents with that team.
    Way I see it veteran players are depth players. You get the key players in veteran draft. Flip the players for other veterans or draft picks. I’ve traded 2 players I believe already for players I wanted.

I got my passel of **** ass players...15/28 not on a roster in 2023........2/28 players did not play in 2022.....so 61% of my players are dead already. Only 14/28 played any significant time in 2022. This is exactly why I wanted to draft ALL players instead of hustling for 51 players (yes, I might be able to keep 2 for 2023) in free agency. I am 90% sure I will not go thru this again. Gaylord Snowbirds might be up for new ownership tomorrow. This was even worse than the first time I went thru this....I only had to hustle for 48 free agents with that team.
    I'm a little confused. We're each drafting 25 players. Even if you threw back all of the players you were initially assigned, you're only "hustling" for 28 more undrafted players to fill out your 53 man roster. And that doesn't even take into account the seven rounds we'll be drafting immediately following the initial draft, bringing that total down to 21 if you keep each player you draft. I agree that I wish we were drafting more players, but i'm unclear on where the 51 figure mentioned above comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyDan View Post
    I'm a little confused. We're each drafting 25 players. Even if you threw back all of the players you were initially assigned, you're only "hustling" for 28 more undrafted players to fill out your 53 man roster. And that doesn't even take into account the seven rounds we'll be drafting immediately following the initial draft, bringing that total down to 21 if you keep each player you draft. I agree that I wish we were drafting more players, but i'm unclear on where the 51 figure mentioned above comes from.
    Idea is 25 players veterans draft and 28 randomly assigned which makes a full roster then you have free agency so you can cut add and release players as needed. 51 figure was just exaggerated from venting. I get being upset about the random veterans but best way to do something about is make trades.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Ah crap. I spent a good deal of time curating the player database for 2023, forgetting that this league was starting in 2022. If people want me to, I can update the 2022 database and re-do the autoassignment, keeping the draft order the same. If I did this, all the autodrafted players would have been active in 2022. Sorry for this screw up. Let me know if you want me to fix it. I could do this on Saturday, while keeping the beginning of the draft the same.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

I feel your pain man. There's not a single player on my initial roster that should be on anyone's Sandbox team. A 53 round draft would've been far better, especially since everyone is active.

I’d be good with either drafting from scratch or re-doing the auto assign

Cdcox could you do a 53 round draft if it was for 2023 season?
    I’m ok redoing autoassign given Jordan Davis, dj reader, tj watt were auto assigned.
    Could you keep the trades that were done or would they all be reversed?
    Would my draft board be erased?

I would vote for redoing the players to the 2022 database.
    I'd also vote for zero assigned players, just draft the whole league. Either 53rd draft or keep a shorter draft and acquire whoever isn't drafted as free agents to fill your roster. The presence of some probowl level players and some young talent in the assigned pool just starts things out lopsided

Why are so many people so upset about playing a game that we all have played before?

You knew what to expect.

Why can't you just enjoy playing the game?

I understand the frustration of the newbies.

When I was a newbie, I was frustrated.

However, when I came back, I signed up for what is here.

I came to play this game the way it is.

Why can you not be grateful to play the game the way it is?

There are still things that I don't like about the game.

However, I understand that those things are not going to change anytime soon.

Why can't you just be in appreciation for what is?

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    Cdcox could you do a 53 round draft if it was for 2023 season?
    I’m ok redoing autoassign given Jordan Davis, dj reader, tj watt were auto assigned.
    Could you keep the trades that were done or would they all be reversed?
    Would my draft board be erased?
    I was wondering about the trades too. Either way though I'd prefer to walk it back. If the full draft is at all an option then that would be preferable too.