Thread: Active League

Active League

Hey guys, I hope your seasons are going well so far. We're at the halfway point in the season so there's still plenty of work left to be done. That being said, in the 'Features' thread Jack had mentioned the idea of a more competitive league comprised of all active owners. It's an idea that's been kicked around for awhile now and it looks like there's some genuine interest so I wanted to use this thread as a vote of sorts.

Since this season has started I'm sure we've all noticed the amount of inactive teams, whether they say bot or not, many owners ghosted during the off-season. If you're anything like me, you joined Sandbox as a way to truly test your GM and Coaching abilities. It's not perfect, but it's more genuine than most other games I've found out there. With the leagues being so bare it has taken away from the authenticity of the game. In 11 leagues, through 8 games, I think I've played less than 10 active owners, that's <11%. Going 13-3 means less when you only played 4 real games the entire season. That also means more than likely we're going to find bot teams in the playoffs. If I wanted a ton of easy wins I would just go back to playing Madden.

Here's the proposal:
    I'd like to get all of the active sandbox owners in 1 league. The best way to do that would be to get everyone to commit to the league before it opens so it can be filled all at once, if Cox and Kevin could drop us in automatically, that would be ideal. Ultimately I'd like to scrap the other leagues but I know many of you worked hard on your teams so I understand giving them up is a big ask. So far it seems like we have at least 7 interested owners. If we can get to at least 16/24 I'd be pretty happy with that. If you're game for some real competition then use this post to make it known.

TLDR; Let's start a new league with all active owners. If you're game then sound off on this thread.

Kevin, Cox, I'd like your input as well. It is your game after all. Thanks for putting up with us.
    Last edited by Kingswood; 08-05-2023 at 08:20 PM.

I'm in forsure!

Definitely in

Active League

I am in like i said just tell me when and I will join.
    I know what kingswood is talking about. my team in the jets league should not be were it is. I was very bad last year and made a lot of trade to built it in two or three years but with all the inactive owners we have I am winning game that I should not win. So instead of near the bottom or middle of the draft this year I will be in the end of the draft so the player I thought i be drafting will be all gone that would make me better. But now I will not built the team I thought I would seeing that is going on.

Sounds good, I’m in

I am in thanks for helping setting this up

I would be interested in this

Im in for sure
    Mr. Timothy Connolly
    connolly318@icloud.com