Thread: changes in the draft

changes in the draft

We all seem to have a problem when it come to the draft. One it take to long seeing not all the gm can be there when it come to the draft. So how about taking a page from the NFL were they make it a four day draft One we all could pick a date for the three days so we can all be there for it. I play a lot of fantasy football game that they pick a day to draft your team and they gave you 20 mim. per pick and if you don't draft a player it will auto draft for you and you do that for the number of round you need to fill your roster. most of the time there might be one or two gm that don't make it but they knew what the rules are for that part of the game. and most of the draft start at night so maybe we can try that. The draft would be like the NFL were the first day we would just do the first round and get 30 min for that round. second day we would do rounds 2 and 3 and get 25 pre round. the third day we would do 3 to 5 rounds and get 15 mim pre round. Fourth day round 6 and 7 and get 15 mim pre these rounds this way it would go a little faster and still get all the GM to make trades and get the order of player they would like to draft in these round. and if you did all the round there could be a bonus of 150 cap dollar to all GM that participate in the draft. So here is a start that we can work off of if any one can fine a way to make it better less see what we can all come up with to get more player to participate in it to have more fun with it.

Honestly, i think this would be very hard to coordinate.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesphan79 View Post
    Honestly, i think this would be very hard to coordinate.
    I agree....however I feel that there must be a way to have ghosted teams select earlier than an hour........CDcox...anything you can do?

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    I agree....however I feel that there must be a way to have ghosted teams select earlier than an hour........CDcox...anything you can do?
    Now this I agree on. It should be like a fantasy draft on ESPN. If you miss a pick, auto draft is turned on, until you disable it again.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesphan79 View Post
    Now this I agree on. It should be like a fantasy draft on ESPN. If you miss a pick, auto draft is turned on, until you disable it again.
    That would be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    I've asked CDCOX privately about putting them on autodraft after few rounds of inactive. Its possible just lot of coding and we were to deep into the draft to pause it and make it happen. I think with new active league may not be needed. But good option to have.

changes in the draft

I like the Idea with with auto draft that would make it move faster so then we only need to come up with a way to run the draft. or are we going to do it like the nfl in three days and would it be run at night like the draft is or we going to just run it some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by pit1232 View Post
    I like the Idea with with auto draft that would make it move faster so then we only need to come up with a way to run the draft. or are we going to do it like the nfl in three days and would it be run at night like the draft is or we going to just run it some other way.
    All of that is what needs to be figured out.

changes in draft

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    All of that is what needs to be figured out.
    do you have any idea that we could come up with and see if we could put all the idea up and take a vote on them and if other would add there two cents maybe we can work something out from all of them and see if cdcox could try it to see if we like it or to work on it some more to get it right. to make it work

Quote Originally Posted by pit1232 View Post
    do you have any idea that we could come up with and see if we could put all the idea up and take a vote on them and if other would add there two cents maybe we can work something out from all of them and see if cdcox could try it to see if we like it or to work on it some more to get it right. to make it work
    I would say private message CDCOX about it and see what he says. Its been a while since I asked about this privately that things may have changed, but he's good at hearing out new ideas.