Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Request List

Feature Request List

Just starting this thread, to centralize all the suggestions for the game...so that we don't have to keep opening new threads.

Here's two that I previously posted:

1. Add a 4WR/1TE formation - Currently the only empty backfield formation is 5WR, but some teams with a stud TE may not want to take him off the field in that situation.

2. Lineups in Play-by-play - At the beginning of the play-by-play file, just print out the Offensive & Defensive lineups (including like RDE2, LDE2, nickle corner, etc) for each team.

Here's a new suggestion.

I think there has to be some better control on RBs, with that 300 carry threshold around.

For example, in one of my games, my team was up 35 points with 4 mins left in Q3. From that point on, in what I assume was a "run out the clock" offense, Derrick Henry rushed 10 times. Pretty much meaningless from a game-play standpoint, but very meaningful if you're trying to avoid the 300 carry threshold. (I know this a real champagne problem).

Right now, we can basically split carried between RB1/RB2/RB3/FB. But this doesn't account for game situation. When the game is close, I want Henry getting a large percentage. But when the game is out of hand (winning or losing), I don't want to waste Henry's carries.

My suggestion is there should be essentially a "garbage time" setting.

Maybe keep the current RB distribution as the "base distribution"

Then have a configurable garbage time(s) settings. So maybe the config screen would be something like this:

Base
    HB2 20%
    HB3 10%
    FB 5%

Up by <21> in Q3 (the "<#>" would be configurable by the owner)
    HB2 30%
    HB3 20%
    FB 5%

Up by <17> in Q4
    HB2 40%
    HB3 20%
    FB 10%

Losing by <21> in Q3
    HB2 30%
    HB3 10%
    FB 5%

Losing by <17> in Q4
    HB2 300%
    HB3 20%
    FB 5%

Not sure the exact details...could also do it time based, rather than quarter based

See which lineman is giving up the sack or what DB is giving up the pass.

I've been thinking of some type of adjustment tuner. For example if my team has been shutdown running the ball out of the 2TE set after a certain amount of attempts then it would either increase passing from that formation, or run more from a different formation.

One of the big dials the real life coaches can and do adjust in the NFL is their aggressiveness on 4th down.

Would be good to have some sort of config settings in the game plan so you can adjust how aggressive your team is in terms of punting or going for it on 4th down. Maybe settings based on field location, yards to go, and score.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesphan79 View Post
    One of the big dials the real life coaches can and do adjust in the NFL is their aggressiveness on 4th down.

Would be good to have some sort of config settings in the game plan so you can adjust how aggressive your team is in terms of punting or going for it on 4th down. Maybe settings based on field location, yards to go, and score.
    I private messaged CDCOX about this because one of my games my team punted rather then try a 58 yard field goal with Justin Tucker. It worked out cause ball was downed at 2, but in reality I would have attempted the field goal.

for Feature

Like to see more game statics for each defensive players Example total tackles solo ast. sack Int FF FR Just like what the USA news paper dose for the NFL game summary in there paper.

Would like to a lineup for run plays and for passing plays in each offensive and defense in each game package

liike to see a 3TE formations just like the NFL when they use it on first and second or third downs in the game not just short yardage

like to see a offence package 3TE were it look like this 1RB 3TE and 1WR

some kind of salary cap Bonus to be add to the game

On Ex points we have the option to go for the 2pt, convesion or the 1 ex point in the game some how

feature Request list

see we still have a problem with SFA maybe we could have a reserve roster just like the NFL so we don't need the SFA in the game I know there was talk about some time last year so meybe we sould think about again. when it time to cut the roster to 53 we would cut down to 65 player 3 or 4 weeks before the season so if there was any one we would like to add or cut that would be a good time to do that.

Injury list of 5 players so we can keep him on are roster and so if we draft a player that get hurt in person we will be able to pick a player up so we don't have to use a SFA in the season

Being able to cut players in off season to gain salary cap money. Like get half remaining salary back.

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    Being able to cut players in off season to gain salary cap money. Like get half remaining salary back.

That a good idea I like that see the NFL can do that a safe cap money