Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday simulations

King of the World
    Blog Entries

Saturday simulations

The sims haven't been running all the way through so far this season. I have had to restart them a few times. There is a good chance I won't be able to babysit the sims on Saturday night. If that is the case, I will have to finish the sims much later than normal or Sunday morning.

I did try to automate the restart of the sims, but 8:00 EST is Midnight GMT, so it gets messed up with the change in date and I don't want to run new code unsupervised that would addresses different dates. I could also move the sims earlier to 7:00, but I didn't want to do it on short notice and mess people up.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

what ever you need to do what you think is best for the program. so you don't screw it up and put your self back to start all over again and put you back to the begining so do what you need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    The sims haven't been running all the way through so far this season. I have had to restart them a few times. There is a good chance I won't be able to babysit the sims on Saturday night. If that is the case, I will have to finish the sims much later than normal or Sunday morning.

I did try to automate the restart of the sims, but 8:00 EST is Midnight GMT, so it gets messed up with the change in date and I don't want to run new code unsupervised that would addresses different dates. I could also move the sims earlier to 7:00, but I didn't want to do it on short notice and mess people up.
    If you think moving the games up an hour could fix the issue then I'm in favor of it. It is short notice, but it's also only an hour with about 24hrs notice, which isn't exactly unfair. I think if you send an email you shouldn't have too many complaints but I don't want to speak for anyone else either.

Im fine with it moving up an hour

I agree with the previous posters, move it up an hour, or whatever you need to do. If fellas are only checking in at the last minute to adjust settings they'd already selected, that's kind of too bad.
    And CDCox, thanks again for your labor on this fantastic project! Although you get an unfair amount of complaints, this is a plus project!

There are only 23 teams in Colts1. There is a missing team from the Central Division, Solar Conference, Colts1

Is the sim at 7 then?

dose any one know if the rest of the sim is going to run tonight

Looks like the games paused halfway through Colts1

You Did the right thing to wait - just warn people to have lineups a day ahead going forward