Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandbox simulation season begins Monday

King of the World
    Blog Entries

Sandbox simulation season begins Monday

Hi everyone,

The Sandbox Season will begin for all leagues except 49er1 on Monday. We will simulate games 3x per week to finish the Sandbox season and get to the rookie draft before the NFL season starts. Games will be simulated on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.

If you haven't done it yet, its time to cut your rosters to 53, set your lineups and finalize your game plans.

Thanks for your patience in getting this up and going this year.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Thank you for all of the work you put into it this off-season excited to get started

3 games a week?! I'm so screwed lol. Good luck this year everyone!

What time will games run, 8p EST?

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Yes. 8:00 PM eastern. Yeah, sorry about the number of games per week. I think the rookie draft is a lot more fun when we don’t have NFL games to go by. Once you get your strategy set the first time it doesn’t take that much work to tweak week to week.

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    Yes. 8:00 PM eastern. Yeah, sorry about the number of games per week. I think the rookie draft is a lot more fun when we don’t have NFL games to go by. Once you get your strategy set the first time it doesn’t take that much work to tweak week to week.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I'll make it work, no worries

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Chiefs1 simulations are complete, but none of the other leagues ran. Looking into it now.

From what I can tell Chiefs1, Bengals1, and Browns1 have all ran now

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, there was a weird database error in Raiders1 that crashed the automatic running of the sims. I'm having to babysit them now. They should all finish in the next 30 min across all leagues.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I love the simulating several games per week rhythm.

I think ideally you could move to:

September-February - real nfl season
    March/April - FA
    May/June/July - 2 games per week, season over 10 weeks
    August - rookie draft

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesphan79 View Post
    Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I love the simulating several games per week rhythm.

I think ideally you could move to:

September-February - real nfl season
    March/April - FA
    May/June/July - 2 games per week, season over 10 weeks
    August - rookie draft
    That's a good schedule and I'm down with 2 games a week. It was a pretty decent pace in Patriots1. I just think 3 games in 1 week is excessive.
    Brock Purdy is just now coming available and we had 48 hours and only 3 challenges a day to test a new QB and develop a new gameplan. Not like you can actually just do 1 test run either since the variables are all over the place. I can challenge the same team 3 times straight and end up getting blown out in one, getting the win in the 2nd, and a tie on 3rd. Each game will differ whether the running game is successful or whether your QB can complete passes or if they fumble the snap. I can get pressure on 50% of my drop backs but only get sacked twice and the next game get pressured less than 20% and give up 7 sacks and lose 3 fumbles in the process.
    2 games a week is fun and keeps the pressure on. 3 games a week isn't football.