Thread: SFA vs TE playing WR for a game or two because of availability issues

SFA vs TE playing WR for a game or two because of availability issues

Kevin or CDCox…..Would it be significantly worse to start a TE at WR for a week or two because of availability issues or simply use the SFA/WR? If the penalty for using a TE at WR is meaningful, I can cut one of my TEs to free up a roster spot to add a new player to use in Dime coverage (I’d rather not add a free agent WR in this case and use the SFA at WR for a few weeks).

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    I assume we are pretty far down on the depth chart? You’re talking about subbing a #2 TE for a #3 or #4 WR and moving a #3 TE into a #2 slot vs. running a street free agent at #3 or #4 WR and keeping your top 2 TE at their natural positions? You can compensate by changing formations. It depends on what defenses your opponent is running and who their personnel are. It is an impossible question to answer with certainty. Do what you think is best. That is the whole point of this game — you’re making decisions with large amounts of uncertainty, just like an NFL GM.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Thank you…..everything you mentioned was correct with the player types and skill abilities. It was a helpful response!

Also depends on TE. I have pitts from falcons and have used him at wr.

Thanks for your data/experience on this, Jack. I was considering using MyCole Pruitt, a surprising 75.9 PFF grade, at WR4 or WR5 instead of a SFA WR for a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperLions View Post
    Thanks for your data/experience on this, Jack. I was considering using MyCole Pruitt, a surprising 75.9 PFF grade, at WR4 or WR5 instead of a SFA WR for a few games.
    He ended up with 60 catches 70 yards 7 TD
    I suggest trying it out with challenge and see how he does. Works with pitts cause he runs a 4.4 40 so he’s a WR playing TE.