Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress toward Simulating the 2022 Sandbox season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    King of the World
    Blog Entries

Progress toward Simulating the 2022 Sandbox season

I'm going to keep this thread stickied and update the OP as we progress through the steps toward simulating the 2023 Sandbox Season.

Player Availability Status: 100% Goal: April 2. Completed April 1.
    Rushing game offense Status: 100% Goal: April 7. Now delayed until April 16. Completed April 15.
    Rushing game defense Status: 100%
    Passing game quarterbacks Status: 100%
    Passing game receivers Status: 100%
    Passing blocking Status: 100%
    Passing game defense Status: 100%
    Fumbles Status: 100%
    Penalties Status: 100%
    Special teams Status:100%

Fixing the Stree Free Agent issue:0%
    Testing: 0%

Update for 4/24. I worked on run defense over the weekend. In fortunately, some of the data isn’t behaving. I have a solution, but need to test it. It will take some time high quality time. I’ll start doing some of the simpler other tasks in the meantime.

Update for 4/29. Good progress today. Will make more progress tomorrow. I’ve added two new tasks, but I’m optimistic about being ready in 2-3 weeks.

Update for 4/30. More good progress today.

Update for 5/21. We have begun the 2022 Sandbox Preseason. See the preseason thread. I will continue to post updates on adjustment to free agent performance here.

Update for 5/29. I've updated free agent performance for all positions except QB, HB, and receiving positions.
    Last edited by cdcox; 05-30-2023 at 03:39 AM.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    I'm going to keep this thread stickied and update the OP as we progress through the steps toward simulating the 2023 Sandbox Season.

Update to player availability table:

I'm waiting on access to some a data source provided by one of our vendors. I should have it by March 30. My goal is to have Player Availability posted by April 2.

Further progress on processing 2022 data will be provided after April 2.
    THANK YOU cd......I appreciate the date.

Cool beans, I am interested to see how my team will perform based on the new season stats.

I think I got something, but I keep getting mollywopped in challenge games.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Cool beans, I am interested to see how my team will perform based on the new season stats.

I think I got something, but I keep getting mollywopped in challenge games.
    That's why I stopped doing challenges. Teams are ready for '22 but challenges are running on '21

better have a top 6 QB, 2 upper echelon OT, a top 2 WR, solid TE, and a defense that is insanely good at CB and DT, DE to get sacks and forced fumbles. Thats how I won a super bowl in year one. I truly believe the rest of the positions dont even matter though I do stack RB too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark71 View Post
    better have a top 6 QB, 2 upper echelon OT, a top 2 WR, solid TE, and a defense that is insanely good at CB and DT, DE to get sacks and forced fumbles. Thats how I won a super bowl in year one. I truly believe the rest of the positions dont even matter though I do stack RB too.
    I won with Taysom Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark71 View Post

Let me right this down, Okay, So I need Top Ten at every position but Interior Linebacker and Interior Offensive Lineman.

Got it. Anything else?

Oh, wait, don't need any Safety help either.

Ok bet, thank you for your help.

I'll get on that right away,...

Oh, wait, dang, the draft is already over and so is FA.

Oh well, I guess my two SB appearances and the one trophy that came with it must have been a fluke, since I didn't know anything about how this game plays out.

But hey, I am glad you got a ring too.

All jokes aside, I do agree that there is a flaw in the game play, and I believe that flaw is directly related to the opinions of Cox and Kevin, on how they believe the game should be playing.

I have voiced my opinions several times, that the game is not realistic when played outside of their controlled program.

For instance, if I run the ball with a multiple TE package, and those TE are Pro Bowl caliber Offensive Lineman, Because I paid to have Eight starting caliber Offensive Lineman on my roster, my average yards per attempt, with my pro bowl RB's, behind those eight juggernauts and a great run blocking FB, should not be less than 2 yards.

But that is usually the case, because the "programing" has limited the possible results of short yardage formations to have short yardage outcomes.

The program needs to have more realistic outcomes.

But, I am not a programmer, so I have no idea what it would take, to allow actual truth to play out in the actual simulation.

Yet, they are, for lack of better resources available to them, responsible for this entire sim being available to the world.

For that I am grateful.

I hope that as the days go by, they may actually develop a more complicated and complete product that we all can feel as though we had some part in.

And maybe, just maybe, they will credit me 😜😜😜 for enough of my influence, that I will get some rights to the hundreds of millions in perspective profits.

Maybe you guys too...

😎😎😎😎😎

Can free agency remain active/open for a couple of days after the new Availability Chart is posted? That can give us a few days to sign a player to cover any availability issues that we may have overlooked in building our 2022/2023 season roster and avoid using a Street Free Agent. The new availability chart can also be helpful in making final cuts to the 53 man roster as well.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    It will be open for at least a couple weeks, because it will take some time to process the data.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

When will team budgets get replenished? I spent all of my available funds last FA period so I cannot bud anymore.