Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress toward Simulating the 2022 Sandbox season

King of the World
    Blog Entries

Progress toward Simulating the 2022 Sandbox season

I'm going to keep this thread stickied and update the OP as we progress through the steps toward simulating the 2023 Sandbox Season.

Player Availability Status: 100% Goal: April 2. Completed April 1.
    Rushing game offense Status: 100% Goal: April 7. Now delayed until April 16. Completed April 15.
    Rushing game defense Status: 100%
    Passing game quarterbacks Status: 100%
    Passing game receivers Status: 100%
    Passing blocking Status: 100%
    Passing game defense Status: 100%
    Fumbles Status: 100%
    Penalties Status: 100%
    Special teams Status:100%

Fixing the Stree Free Agent issue:0%
    Testing: 0%

Update for 4/24. I worked on run defense over the weekend. In fortunately, some of the data isn’t behaving. I have a solution, but need to test it. It will take some time high quality time. I’ll start doing some of the simpler other tasks in the meantime.

Update for 4/29. Good progress today. Will make more progress tomorrow. I’ve added two new tasks, but I’m optimistic about being ready in 2-3 weeks.

Update for 4/30. More good progress today.

Update for 5/21. We have begun the 2022 Sandbox Preseason. See the preseason thread. I will continue to post updates on adjustment to free agent performance here.

Update for 5/29. I've updated free agent performance for all positions except QB, HB, and receiving positions.
    Last edited by cdcox; 05-30-2023 at 03:39 AM.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    I'm going to keep this thread stickied and update the OP as we progress through the steps toward simulating the 2023 Sandbox Season.

Update to player availability table:

I'm waiting on access to some a data source provided by one of our vendors. I should have it by March 30. My goal is to have Player Availability posted by April 2.

Further progress on processing 2022 data will be provided after April 2.
    THANK YOU cd......I appreciate the date.

Cool beans, I am interested to see how my team will perform based on the new season stats.

I think I got something, but I keep getting mollywopped in challenge games.

Quote Originally Posted by UmmBerrto View Post
    Cool beans, I am interested to see how my team will perform based on the new season stats.

I think I got something, but I keep getting mollywopped in challenge games.
    That's why I stopped doing challenges. Teams are ready for '22 but challenges are running on '21

Can free agency remain active/open for a couple of days after the new Availability Chart is posted? That can give us a few days to sign a player to cover any availability issues that we may have overlooked in building our 2022/2023 season roster and avoid using a Street Free Agent. The new availability chart can also be helpful in making final cuts to the 53 man roster as well.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    It will be open for at least a couple weeks, because it will take some time to process the data.

When will team budgets get replenished? I spent all of my available funds last FA period so I cannot bud anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdizz View Post
    When will team budgets get replenished? I spent all of my available funds last FA period so I cannot bud anymore.
    After the season

Thanks! I'm anxious to get the 49ers filled and drafting.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    Player Availability has been updated for 2022, one day before the goal.