Thread: Some Rookie Draft Data For You.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Some Rookie Draft Data For You.

While we're waiting to get the data processed for the upcoming season, I thought I'd share some draft information. I've been wanting to do this for a while.

This is for the leagues that participated in the rookie draft of 2022. I've sorted the lists from highest average pick to lowest across all leagues, and will present it in batches as time allows.

I calculated these using a score for each pick from 1 to 168. If a player was drafted 1st in a league he gets 168 points, the second guy drafted gets 167 points, and so on down to 1 point for Mr. Irrelevant (a nickname I despise, by the way). If a guy is not drafted he gets zero points. I calculated these scores across all leagues and then averaged them. Therefore, a perfect score would be 168 points if a guy is drafted 1st in every single league.

Here are the top five guys. I'll post more as we go.

Score Player Highest Draft Pick Lowest Draft Pick
    167.8 Travon Walker 1 2
    166.8 Aidan Hutchinson 2 4
    165.8 Derek Stingley Jr. 1 5
    164.5 Sauce Gardner 4 6
    164.3 Kayvon Thibodeaux 1 6

These guys are no surprise. They were also typically drafted 1 through 5 in that order. Walker was drafted 1st in 85 percent of leagues and Hutchinson was drafted 2nd in 85 percent of leagues. Stingley was drafted 3rd in 62 percent of leagues and Gardner was drafted 4th in 62 percent of leagues. Finally, Thibodeaux was drafted 5th in 55 percent of leagues.
    Last edited by Kevin; 03-20-2023 at 09:52 PM.