Raiders1 - Newport Beach Neptunes

Even though they've never won a Sandbox Bowl, this team is a perennial powerhouse. It's traditionally been a smothering defense and strong rushing attack with a mediocre passing game.

1 – Malik Willis, QB. I need a long-term answer at QB, and figured I could wait for his development while Tannehill runs my team. He may need a lot longer to develop than I expected. Yeesh.
2 – Trey McBride, TE. I needed to upgrade my TE position and he seemed like a safe pick. He didn’t quite achieve what I hoped, but at the same time he was a starter, so I’m optimistic.
3 – Luke Fortner, C. Center wasn’t a high need area, but he seemed worth the risk and it paid off.
4 – Coby Bryant, CB. I had high hopes for him, but Woolen took the starting job. I think he did well as a nickel back, though, so I’ll call it a win.
5 – Tariq Woolen, CB. I needed CBs bad and was seeing good things, so I doubled him up with Bryant. That worked.
6 – Zach Tom, G. I thought he was going to ride the bench all year, but he got a little playing time at the end. Progress comes in small steps.
7 – Ty Chander, RB. Obviously I was enamored with this guy’s potential. Maybe next year.

Overall Grade: C-. Obviously, Willis is the big question mark. I'm hoping McBride steps up. This was kind of a cornerback draft for me in terms of short-term production. I'll likely be the same running team with a good defense, which gets me into the playoffs but not to the summit.