Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is the off season so hard for you guys to operate?

Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    So there were a total four 2022 rookies with database errors. 4.5 hours later, I have found them all and fixed them. Zero progress on building the player availability table. This is an example why progress on getting the simulations ready is slower than planned. I still plan to start collecting the player availability data tonight.

I believe, if you kept this communication open

People would be more reasonable with their expectations

I don’t care that this is a 2nd job or not. If you have a “hobby” and then charge people money for the product - you owe your customers the product.

We pay for this service, asking for a season calendar is not an outlandish request. If there is a delay, a simple email to the players stating that there is a delay with an estimate time frame to fix the issue is also not unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Knorr View Post
    I don’t care that this is a 2nd job or not. If you have a “hobby” and then charge people money for the product - you owe your customers the product.

We pay for this service, asking for a season calendar is not an outlandish request. If there is a delay, a simple email to the players stating that there is a delay with an estimate time frame to fix the issue is also not unreasonable.
    I agree.......

Do you not have the product? Exactly what part of this isn't living up to the expectations of $1.50/mo?

Again, I really believe, the client just wants more consistent communication from the Administration.

If you guys actually don't have the willingness to check comms and reply once or twice a day every day.

You might consider assigning days to yourselves.

It appears that there are two of you.

Kevin and Cox.

M-W-F

T-T-S-S

Seems to be realistic.

Make yourself check and reply at least once on your day.

Even if there isn't much to say.

Cox here, working on updates.

I see the challenge room is getting some use.

How are you guys liking it?

Kevin here, having a great weekend with my kids.
    How are you guys enjoying the game?

Cox here, I can't seem to find the problem in Jet1, still working on it, hope to have it fixed soon.

Kevin here, I hear from Cox that that the Pats1 league is moving forward as planned.

Cox here, it's raining all morning, it's my day off, was supposed to fly kites with the kids.

Gonna plow through some code and some coke, lol just kidding about the code.

Hahahaha, but seriously, I am glad you all are making use of the Challenge Arena.

How about Kingswood, he sure has figured something out.

Maybe I should change some code just to shake things up over there, perhaps there is a flaw I haven't seen just yet

Kevin here, I think we maybe looking to put the game in A major app store, what do you think? Do you think it's ready for a huge client boost?

Cox here, none of these are actually comments that Kevin or I have made, do you think if we did make daily comments, you guys would feel more relaxed and appreciated?

All I'm saying is.

As men, community respect comes with communication and vice versa....

Even when we don't agree, it's good to communicate.

King of the World
    Blog Entries
    On Sunday I completed the manual copying of data for the player availability table (about 4 hours of work). There are six additional programs that need to be run to complete this table. The first of these six requires a data source that we subscribe to. We are renewing our subscription now, but it takes a few days.

Nothing happened Monday.
    Nothing happened Tuesday.
    Nothing happened Wednesday
    Nothing will happen Thursday.
    Nothing will happen Friday.
    If I have the data Saturday (uncertain) I will process it.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The bottom line is that we have to acquire data that is necessarily processed after the season. We want to keep players engaged all year long, but we just hit some awkward pauses at times. That's part of why we developed the challenge games, but I recognize that doesn't solve all of the problems.

waiting for the new season

the challenge game would be fine if the player we draft to play the next season would work with the new player that would be fine. I think we all use the challenge game to see how the new draft player will do on are team but we cant use them till they get put in the system. so if you could fine a way to do that them i think it would help out but we all know that dose not happen that way so keep doing what you need to do to get things done and we will all try to wait for it so have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The bottom line is that we have to acquire data that is necessarily processed after the season. We want to keep players engaged all year long, but we just hit some awkward pauses at times. That's part of why we developed the challenge games, but I recognize that doesn't solve all of the problems.
    I think the both of you are still missing the point that I see displayed on this thread over and over again. We really don't care to hear about the days that you do not work on the game. I think we all realize (now) that this is a hobby labor of love for the game and probably an exercise in your programming careers. I have seen the following expressed in many ways....GIVE US SOME DATES WHEN YOU EXPECT THINGS TO BE DONE AND COMMUNICATE A NEW DATE IF THAT TARGET DATE IS MISSED. We understand about life. We understand about family. We understand about work. Communicate with us on the important things and we will stick with you. Unfortunately, I believe you chased many potential dollars away and I am hopeful you can turn this thing around and end up with a viable game that puts some money in your pockets for the time you have invested. A number of us have stuck with you despite the numerous problems that have arisen. Give us something in return......expected dates and constant communication regarding them.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I get it. It's frustrating to us when we get a delay as well.

Let me ask this. If we went through and developed a very detailed schedule of our internal processes and posted that, would that be useful? We could then have a thread in here that says, "We're in Step 14J" and people could see where we stand at all times. It would be a little confusing for new leagues since they don't start out on the same schedule, but it would be consistent for most leagues.

I'm offering this and unfortunately the actual updating part would fall to cdcox. But maybe I can arrange to do checkins with him. We'd probably need to limit updates to weekly, though. People are correct in that we both have day jobs right now, so we're not always both available to check in with each other.