Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is the off season so hard for you guys to operate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Yeah, I get it. It's frustrating to us when we get a delay as well.

Let me ask this. If we went through and developed a very detailed schedule of our internal processes and posted that, would that be useful? We could then have a thread in here that says, "We're in Step 14J" and people could see where we stand at all times. It would be a little confusing for new leagues since they don't start out on the same schedule, but it would be consistent for most leagues.

I'm offering this and unfortunately the actual updating part would fall to cdcox. But maybe I can arrange to do checkins with him. We'd probably need to limit updates to weekly, though. People are correct in that we both have day jobs right now, so we're not always both available to check in with each other.
    Kevin...I think sometimes you make it too difficult on yourselves. IMO we coaches just need DATES....when does FA start,,,what date does it end...What date is the rookie draft.....what date will the 2022 availability report be updated from the previous year.....what date do you expect the season to start....to put it a different way, we don't care how the sausage is made, just what date do you expect the sausage to be done? If the date changes, just inform us of the new date.

Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    Kevin...I think sometimes you make it too difficult on yourselves. IMO we coaches just need DATES....when does FA start,,,what date does it end...What date is the rookie draft.....what date will the 2022 availability report be updated from the previous year.....what date do you expect the season to start....to put it a different way, we don't care how the sausage is made, just what date do you expect the sausage to be done? If the date changes, just inform us of the new date.
    We are past many of these dates now.....so the biggest issue (at least to me) is when will 2022 availability be done so that the rookies are added and we can complete our expected lineups and play some challenge games with all of our new players to test before the opening game....and when do you expect that opening game to be.

I agree with smackawits we all would like to know when it is going to happen to the start of the new season.