Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
They already specified they don't do it on a player by player basis. Also safety and linebacker are not the same thing. I'm not putting Richard Sherman at LB but he's definitely been at S. It doesn't make sense to code player by player, year by year, position by position, in this format.

In case you did not notice LB Simmons of the AZ Cardinals made the switch to CB last season.

And he was dominant.

Box safeties can definitely play LB, what do you think the 46 defense is?

The safety #46 was walked into the box to play LB while the two OLB blitzed.

Also, didn't NFL linebacker Brian Urlacher play A lot of Safety At New Mexico?

I'm just saying, if it's stats based, the stats should be the determining factor.

If one guy is a beast, and performs well above average at one position, such as Aaron Donald, he would probably play very well at another position based on effectiveness of snap count.

Is there anyone here who doesn't think AD would be a pretty good MLB? His stats would make him a pretty good MLB at best, great in the run game, great as a blitzer and trash in pass coverage, isn't that exact what AD would be as A MLB in real life?

Why would there be an added penalty needed?

JJ Watt can do it, Reggie White could do it.
The guys who had the stats to do it, did it, and the guys who did not have the stats to do it couldn't do it.

What am I missing?

Help me understand, I am not being sarcastic, I am really trying to get my mind around this particular issue.