Thread: A quick word of thanks

Administrator
    Blog Entries

A quick word of thanks

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their patience as we move forward. As you can probably tell, we've had to step back and work on some coding changes to stop an "exploit" of one of the newer features of the game. OUr goal, of course, is to have a good football simulation, and that means that we have to close any loopholes that might accidentally be discovered that make winning about something other than football knowledge (and a dash of luck on injuries - I'm looking at you, Taylor Lewan). We accomplished a lot of this safeguarding via playtesting early in the development of the game, but occasionally as we've added new features we haven't managed to close every loophole, as you're seeing. We'll get the system rolling again once we've sewn up the problems.

And on another note, thanks for helping to form a good community here. I think that's a key to a sustainable game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Hi all,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their patience as we move forward. As you can probably tell, we've had to step back and work on some coding changes to stop an "exploit" of one of the newer features of the game. OUr goal, of course, is to have a good football simulation, and that means that we have to close any loopholes that might accidentally be discovered that make winning about something other than football knowledge (and a dash of luck on injuries - I'm looking at you, Taylor Lewan). We accomplished a lot of this safeguarding via playtesting early in the development of the game, but occasionally as we've added new features we haven't managed to close every loophole, as you're seeing. We'll get the system rolling again once we've sewn up the problems.

And on another note, thanks for helping to form a good community here. I think that's a key to a sustainable game.
    Thank you and Cox for making this game. It's been fun. I'd rather you guys take your time until you're sure it's up to your standards than to rush it and have complications down the road.

Please delete Kenny B. Stopped so that those teams can be taken over by other owners and new owners. Kenny B. Stopped even has a team in the 49ers which is only 6 of 28 filled...says 7 of 28 but Kenny B. Stopped doesn't exist. I paid $18 and created MasterMind so that Kenny B. Stopped could be deleted.