Thread: question

question

First of all I like the game or i would had quiet a long time ago. I don't know what go in to running this and i would ask one question when you started this game and you got it up and run at any time did you ask the player what could be done to make the game even better than what it is. Or what would help to keep thing going in the right direction. Because I don't know how many league are going on at one time but i see a lot of people asking were are they in the time frame of that league they are in. I know it not easy to run more than one league at a time but people get upset when they are not up with what going on in that league. So if you can do that say one a week and even if you need to post it more that one maybe that would help. I not here to the you how to run your game I would like to help you out. I when to see how many league were going on right now and I came up with 14 of them and then i when to see how many team were acted in the league when I look up and only saw the two or three of the league have 20 to 21 team that were acted. and you have 12 of you league were there is less then 9 or 10 team that are acted in those league I would like to fine out why and what can we do to help the league get better. see that this is both up to you attention I hope you dont start and new league for a while so you can get all of the league running like the last one going. I am just trying to help if I can. thank for letting me gave some what of a opinion and I might be off the wall but I don't want to see the game go down like other game.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate the feedback.

As background, we initially had this main forum and then league-specific forms, and also email notifications. (We looked into text notifications, but they're too expensive for the volume we would provide.) There should be emails going out at different phases, but perhaps we can revise those to show "next three steps" or something to give people more information. (And the emails sometimes get into spam boxes since we send them out in bulk, so watch out for that.)

The challenge of posting timelines on the main forum is that not all leagues are on the same timeline. This was a particular issue last year since we had a number of new leagues starting up. After one season they lock into the standard league calendar that's shown in the user guide. So after your first season you can look at the guide to see the schedule. But the first season is almost always off schedule, and it depends on when the league started.

We initially had the thought that we would post timeline updates in the league-specific forums, but those were not really getting used and there were other logistical issues.

Are people getting the email notifications? And is the timine working, or should we send out email notifications that say, "A week from now, you'll..." We don't want to spam people, but it's also good to not surprise people.

appreciate

I appreciate you getting back to me and i understand. the only email I get is when I make a trade or when the trade it no good or the time is up on it. I have check my spam email and have not seen any thing about when the cut down are coming but i have not gotten any. maybe it is I am on each day seeing if I miss something or something is going on that i need to know not shard. So I hope you don't get to mad when I email you to see when thing are going on. I real like the game and keep looking to see all the new thing you have coming out to keep it fun, so thank again

thank yoy

I appreciate you getting back to me and i understand. the only email I get is when I make a trade or when the trade it no good or the time is up on it. I have check my spam email and have not seen any thing about when the cut down are coming but i have not gotten any. maybe it is I am on each day seeing if I miss something or something is going on that i need to know not shard. So I hope you don't get to mad when I email you to see when thing are going on. I real like the game and keep looking to see all the new thing you have coming out to keep it fun, so thank again

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Hey, no problem, and I appreciate your patience. We're always trying to improve things even if it's not always obvious.

One issue during free agency is that we don't have changes for a long time, other than free agents being put on the market and signed. Our game calendar (in the user manual) shows the initial 53-man cut happening in January, and we're running a little behind on that. It should be happening very shortly. Frankly, I'm about to do mine now because there's no reason that it can't be done ahead of time. (Well, I guess the players I cut might be available in the unlimited free agency pool, but as a player I'm not really worried about that.)

By doing my 53-man cut early, it'll give me the chance to really review my player availability. I got burned on that in one league last year, because I didn't notice that I had multiple offensive tackles who were going to be injured, so I didn't work to sign backups. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Hey, no problem, and I appreciate your patience. We're always trying to improve things even if it's not always obvious.

One issue during free agency is that we don't have changes for a long time, other than free agents being put on the market and signed. Our game calendar (in the user manual) shows the initial 53-man cut happening in January, and we're running a little behind on that. It should be happening very shortly. Frankly, I'm about to do mine now because there's no reason that it can't be done ahead of time. (Well, I guess the players I cut might be available in the unlimited free agency pool, but as a player I'm not really worried about that.)

By doing my 53-man cut early, it'll give me the chance to really review my player availability. I got burned on that in one league last year, because I didn't notice that I had multiple offensive tackles who were going to be injured, so I didn't work to sign backups. Yikes.
    That’s my biggest request. Let me see player availability so I can see if I miss something where I’ll be short at a position 1 week. cause right now its lot of guessing.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    That’s my biggest request. Let me see player availability so I can see if I miss something where I’ll be short at a position 1 week. cause right now its lot of guessing.
    That's in the year-end data that we have to obtain after the season, so we can't put it up yet. I'm just clicking on their pro-football-reference links to see how many games they played. I figure I can survive an occasional hole where a couple of guys are out. I just don't want to be depending on a guy and then discover to my horror that he misses 11 games. (I'm looking at you, Taylor Lewan.)

Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    I kept track during the season on the pro football reference site.....you just need to make sure you ignore the bye weeks. Doing this has allowed me to set lineups for our 16 week season already...I just have to make sure to update the lineups on line each week.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smackawits View Post
    I kept track during the season on the pro football reference site.....you just need to make sure you ignore the bye weeks. Doing this has allowed me to set lineups for our 16 week season already...I just have to make sure to update the lineups on line each week.
    Dang, that's dedication.

I just look at the total games played and hope that I don't have a week where one position group gets wiped out. And then it always happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Dang, that's dedication.

I just look at the total games played and hope that I don't have a week where one position group gets wiped out. And then it always happens.
    I don't know if that is dedication.....it does express interest and the fact I am an old retired guy with time on my hands. I'd like to help you and CD, but unfortunately I never learned how to program.